trematix

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X
Country flag
Just recently picked up my first Porsche, a taycan turbo. I’ve had a Tesla for the past couple of years and I’m realizing most things are more straight forward with a Tesla. I’m trying to set max charge at 85% and only charge between 915pm - 7am. It’s currently 938pm and charge is currently still on hold if you someone can please assist and see what I’m doing wrong. Thanks!

Porsche Taycan Home Charging IMG_6149

Porsche Taycan Home Charging IMG_6148

Porsche Taycan Home Charging IMG_6150

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
the Taycan doesn't start charging - it finishes charging on time - you'll need to deal with profiles/timers to get this working right - it's a PITA and not at all like Tesla…I've owned Tesla's since 2013

basically the car knows you plan to leave at 6 am - it won't start charging until the time required to have the battery at 85% at exactly 6 am…

there is lots of video's tutorials - but it's not intuitive at all.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Just recently picked up my first Porsche, a taycan turbo. I’ve had a Tesla for the past couple of years and I’m realizing most things are more straight forward with a Tesla. I’m trying to set max charge at 85% and only charge between 915pm - 7am. It’s currently 938pm and charge is currently still on hold if you someone can please assist and see what I’m doing wrong. Thanks!

IMG_6149.png

IMG_6148.png

IMG_6150.png
The car will calculate when it needs to start charging using the parameters you have set. In this example it will have already calculated that it doesn't need to start charging until much later within your charging window in order to be ready by your departure time with the desired 85% charge level.

The only time it will start charging earlier before pausing is if your minimum level is higher than the actual state of charge you have. If you have 10% battery remaining then upon connecting your EVSE and minimum level of 20% set then the car will start charging straightaway and then pause when it hits 20% and then restart some time later in order to make your target of 85%.

It's logical to me but the Taycan is my only EV experience and have nothing to compare to.