How does your Taycan feel after 15-20K miles?

jimithing

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Macan Turbo, 2014 Panamera GTS
Country flag
Is that not normal everyday driving? I feel that a well-maintained car should not have a creaking suspension, especially a new car.
It is, and it irritates me, but I run over potholes all day here in Baltimore and it's a vault. If it squeaked over every bump, I'd be parking it at the dealer until it was all gone. EVs are really tough because there's no engine noise. I probably wouldn't even hear the sound if it wasn't an EV.
Sponsored

Replika

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning
Country flag
It is, and it irritates me, but I run over potholes all day here in Baltimore and it's a vault. If it squeaked over every bump, I'd be parking it at the dealer until it was all gone. EVs are really tough because there's no engine noise. I probably wouldn't even hear the sound if it wasn't an EV.
Hmmm. Well I’ve never had a suspension creak in any EV, and so many ICEV are incredibly quiet these days. I wonder what the issue might be.

jimithing

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hmmm. Well I’ve never had a suspension creak in any EV, and so many ICEV are incredibly quiet these days. I wonder what the issue might be.
Probably just a bushing that needs some grease. Minor issue.

PNWTaycan4S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘91 Polar Silver 964, ‘20 Dolomite Silver Taycan 4S, ‘19 Gravity Blue Nero EV
Country flag
One minor creak from the front left suspension. Dealer thinks I'm nuts because you almost never hear it in regular driving but if you go over a speed bump off-center, it's very noticeable. Which I do every morning taking my daughter to school. But it's a minor quibble.

I'm just over 20K miles and everything else is tight. No rattles or anything like that. Really important because the car is ridiculously quiet.
At 36K miles I've got front suspension creaks too at driveways off the street and similar locations. Had one on the passenger side and dealer said they "lubricated" it, solved it for a few months but now back on both sides. Other than that, it seems to get better with the miles and more fun!

jimithing

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
At 36K miles I've got front suspension creaks too at driveways off the street and similar locations. Had one on the passenger side and dealer said they "lubricated" it, solved it for a few months but now back on both sides. Other than that, it seems to get better with the miles and more fun!
Every day backing out of my driveway. I need to borrow a GoPro to record it because the dealer thinks I'm crazy.

Tsingtao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toucan RWD
Country flag
Mine shakes like a Yugo maxed out on the front straight at LeMans, parts constantly rattling off. I’ve repacked the gauze on the Fetzer valve twice, but still no improvement.
I had the same issue. I first tried duct tape to fix it, no success. Then someone on this forum suggested WD-40 which has worked like a charm! If something on this car cannot be repaired with either duct tape or WD-40 my dealer said to give up, call a lawyer, and Lemon-Law the thing. Good advice.

jimithing

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Here's a quick video of mine.
Here's a video of mine. 🤬