Does a Taycan feel like a 911?

RCorsa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TTS, F8, Urus S , Raptor R, X5, Tesla M3P
Country flag
My 911 TTS was much more nimble and maybe I’m in the minority but overall I prefer the Taycan Turbo S. So much so I decided to sell my 911 and order an f8 which is now stuck customs. :(

Porsche Taycan Does a Taycan feel like a 911? 8AA3CC5E-1840-48D1-AFD6-DFEF211D4D7E
Sponsored

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, '06 Club Coupe (#48)
Country flag
My 911 TTS was much more nimble and maybe I’m in the minority but overall I prefer the Taycan Turbo S. So much so I decided to sell my 911 and order an f8 which is now stuck customs. :(

8AA3CC5E-1840-48D1-AFD6-DFEF211D4D7E.jpeg
This doesn’t surprise me. With many cars (and Porsches in particular), purchases are often wrapped up with emotional and other factors that have nothing to do with Logic.

Take the new GT3RS. I love it. I could get it. It would be a stupid purchase. First, it would not be a good car for road use. Second, I personally would rather buy a Cup Car and race than use the GT3 RS on the track. It’s so expensive that the Cup Car would be better for that level of racing (not to mention you would destroy it). So that leaves “track days”, which would likely be the best use. But seems like overkill to take that to most track days—like bringing an AK47 to pellet gun practice. Plus, after racing, I can’t bring myself to go to track days now. Feels like relegating yourself to practice no-contact dates after being married. By contrast, a Taycan is a pretty good option for the way that many enthusiasts actually use their vehicles, and I can easily understand why that leads to greater satisfaction on a day to day basis.