How to make use of My Porsche app trip and charging planning? NOT!!!

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
We are going on a trip to Reims from the South East of France now. I wanted to make use of the trip planner and send the route to my car. Since there are a large number of Ionity chargers on that route it would make sense to use only Ionity, because
1. They work very well and give the power,
2. The cost is 0.33 Euro per kWh and no minute charge or time based charge.

So set the app to only show Ionity chargers and only > 270 kW power and only CCs connectors

Porsche Taycan How to make use of My Porsche app trip and charging planning?  NOT!!! 1C5BEBB1-3701-48BA-8AE0-F12528871179

Below is the planned route that the app came up with. NO Ionity charger at all on the route! Did not show anything above 250 kW power!

Porsche Taycan How to make use of My Porsche app trip and charging planning?  NOT!!! 12EEEAFE-11A1-401F-B861-2B4672A417A0

And it gets even more confusing!

All the 250 kW chargers with planned stops are all TESLA Superchargers!

None of these Tesla SuC are in the Porsche Charging Service and you can not use either the My Porsche app or the Charging Card to charge there.

I just can not understand how Porsche can make such an incredible bad app. It is totally useless!

I really feel for all the new Tayacan owners out there, planning their first trip with the app, and getting such C**p as a plan.

And the app then suggest you send that rubbish to the car as a trip!

When are Porsche going to get their act together. It has now been 3 years with a terrible SW service, and yet you read about their plans for SW and how brilliant they are.

Luckily there are alternatives like ABRP etc and using CarPlay. Just need to use other methods to avail of the preheating before charges.

Porsche Taycan How to make use of My Porsche app trip and charging planning?  NOT!!! E179B365-5497-4AB0-9D9D-ACA5E6C0E8C0

Porsche Taycan How to make use of My Porsche app trip and charging planning?  NOT!!! 50428123-6A5E-4D58-8920-6A2B6521A8C8

Claudius

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
We are going on a trip to Reims from the South East of France now. I wanted to make use of the trip planner and send the route to my car. Since there are a large number of Ionity chargers on that route it would make sense to use only Ionity, because
1. They work very well and give the power,
2. The cost is 0.33 Euro per kWh and no minute charge or time based charge.

So set the app to only show Ionity chargers and only > 270 kW power and only CCs connectors

1C5BEBB1-3701-48BA-8AE0-F12528871179.png

Below is the planned route that the app came up with. NO Ionity charger at all on the route! Did not show anything above 250 kW power!

12EEEAFE-11A1-401F-B861-2B4672A417A0.png

And it gets even more confusing!

All the 250 kW chargers with planned stops are all TESLA Superchargers!

None of these Tesla SuC are in the Porsche Charging Service and you can not use either the My Porsche app or the Charging Card to charge there.

I just can not understand how Porsche can make such an incredible bad app. It is totally useless!

I really feel for all the new Tayacan owners out there, planning their first trip with the app, and getting such C**p as a plan.

And the app then suggest you send that rubbish to the car as a trip!

When are Porsche going to get their act together. It has now been 3 years with a terrible SW service, and yet you read about their plans for SW and how brilliant they are.

Luckily there are alternatives like ABRP etc and using CarPlay. Just need to use other methods to avail of the preheating before charges.

E179B365-5497-4AB0-9D9D-ACA5E6C0E8C0.png

50428123-6A5E-4D58-8920-6A2B6521A8C8.png
amazing, I just entered the same trip and I have 2 out of 3 ionity stops

Porsche Taycan How to make use of My Porsche app trip and charging planning?  NOT!!! Capture d'écran 2023-04-18 214659

gtm

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'73 Lotus, '23 GTS
Country flag
Recently mapped out a route for an upcoming trip. Somehow the Porsche app managed to avoid selecting a single Electrify America charging stop. Possibly brilliant software design in not selecting a single charge at the "free" EA chargers. A Better Route Planner and Plug Share both came up with EA routes. Porsche has work to do. A lot of work in some areas. Good thing it's so good to drive.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Regardless if the app's IONITY only switch worked or not – I'm fairly sure that once you send the trip to the car, its going to recalculate the charing plan anyways – and it for sure won't honour a "IONITY only" option.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Capture d'écran 2023-04-18 214659.png
That is yet another charge/route planning software (from a company called ChargeTrip – https://chargetrip.com/) that seems to have no link to either the MyPorsche app or PCM Navigation.

Why they are paying ChargeTrip for this standalone route planning service – I've no clue. I suspect – due to the brochure pages its only on – that it is seen as a marketing/pre-sales tool for potential buyers.

Once you are an owner and using PCM or MyPorsche – the route planning is powered by HERE (https://www.here.com/) which is owned by a number of Germany car companies.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Why they are paying ChargeTrip for this standalone route planning service – I've no clue. I suspect – due to the brochure pages its only on – that it is seen as a marketing/pre-sales tool for potential buyers.
https://chargetrip.com/success-stories/porsche/

My hunch seems to be confirmed by this published use case. Key phrases being "awareness & purchase intent".

OP
OP
Scandinavian

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Capture d'écran 2023-04-18 214659.png
Guess that is from the Porsche sales and marketing site? I have seen that as well.

The sad thing about this map and the plan is that the car will not make it even to the first stop! Starting with 80% and trying to reach Sorgues will leave you stranded on the motorway with a call to Porsche Assist! At legal speeds the consumption is much higher than what is estimated. The average consumption according to that plan, would only be about 20 kWh/100 km. At 130+ km/h speed? I wish it would be that low.

Mats

First Name
Mats
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991 4S cab, CT 4S Gentian Blue
Country flag
I fully concur with your frustration @Scandinavian. I'm planing various trips from southeast of Sweden. Among other things to The Atlantic coastal road in Norway, Baden-Baden in Germany, San Sebastian/ Bilbao in Spain. All with exactly the same problem in avoiding Ionity in spite of the being available along the routes. Using Ionitys or ABRP you easily can find and plan for better charging plans.
I have raised the issue with my dealer Porsche Center Syd in Malmö and the just could confirm the concern. No explanation given nor future potential time frame for solution to have it resolved.

OP
OP
Scandinavian

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Regardless if the app's IONITY only switch worked or not – I'm fairly sure that once you send the trip to the car, its going to recalculate the charing plan anyways – and it for sure won't honour a "IONITY only" option.
Yes that is the common case as well. I know this is mentioned in the app when you send it to the vehicle and takes into account actual traffic and weather, it says in app.

Even more confusing when I tried it yesterday evening, the car did replan and displayed a different route, via Route Napoleon and Grenoble! Much slower (about 3+ hours) than the motorway route in plan. Lovely route and very scenic but not for a long stint, thanks. Might have been due to some Issues that the car seemed to indicate along the motorway route. No delays reported on Google maps or Waze though?

It is what it is with their planners, both in car and app.

There is No Ionity Only filter setting in the car either, so why have it in the app? Might come in a future release of PCM? Hopefully!

I Porsche decided to go with Chargetrip by the advice of their accountants. Probably got it for free if Chargetrip could use the Porsche name in their marketing. A few cents saved on every car will help. towards 20 % profit goal!

OP
OP
Scandinavian

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I fully concur with your frustration @Scandinavian. I'm planing various trips from southeast of Sweden. Among other things to The Atlantic coastal road in Norway, Baden-Baden in Germany, San Sebastian/ Bilbao in Spain. All with exactly the same problem in avoiding Ionity in spite of the being available along the routes. Using Ionitys or ABRP you easily can find and plan for better charging plans.
I have raised the issue with my dealer Porsche Center Syd in Malmö and the just could confirm the concern. No explanation given nor future potential time frame for solution to have it resolved.
I am also planning that Atlantic coastal road trip in Norway! I have seen it from the sea and it looks amazing!

I have raised this issue with Porsche centre here and they are helpless but acknowledge it.

I also have sent several complaints to Smartmobility from the app. Try that As well.

Smartmobility have actually phoned me back several times and discussed the issues. They have asked me to try different settings while on the phone etc. And they have phoned back several to say they have raised it with technical people at Porsche, but no response. They have certainly been trying but their hands are tied!

Porsche of course are just behaving as Porsche do. Hide your head in the sand and the trouble might go away!

Have some great trips!!!

Claudius

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Guess that is from the Porsche sales and marketing site? I have seen that as well.

The sad thing about this map and the plan is that the car will not make it even to the first stop! Starting with 80% and trying to reach Sorgues will leave you stranded on the motorway with a call to Porsche Assist! At legal speeds the consumption is much higher than what is estimated. The average consumption according to that plan, would only be about 20 kWh/100 km. At 130+ km/h speed? I wish it would be that low.
I redid the procedure with an 80% load and a Taycan turbo, there are 4 stops including 3 ionity
Porsche Taycan How to make use of My Porsche app trip and charging planning?  NOT!!! Capture d'écran 2023-04-19 110244
Sponsored