I used Park Assist for the first time but chickened out right towards the end.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
🚨 🐓🐓🐓 🚨

I was near downtown Austin yesterday and needed to parallel park. I figured it would be a good chance to use park assist. I activated the system, followed the prompts, and the car took over. As it was backing into the spot, I was getting a bit nervous about how quickly it was still backing toward the car behind me so I manually applied the brakes and finished the parking job myself. The car was already in a great position when I took over, and it probably would have been fine if I had not intervened, but I was just a big chicken. Maybe next time I'll let it complete the job.

🚨 🐓🐓🐓 🚨
Sponsored

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Ha - I mentioned a similar experience in another thread a while back using the remote park assist (app/key fob external control) - car just seemed to be going WAY too fast towards my garage wall that I too stopped it with key fob before completing :(!

Keep meaning to set up a temp soft barrier to see how it actually plays out to put my mind at ease!

The remote park thing was part of the tech pkg when I configured my car and why have it as TBH had no real interest in using it - still be interested to see it work properly - will do it at some pt I guess :)

OP
OP
Hirschaj

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ha - I mentioned a similar experience in another thread a while back using the remote park assist (app/key fob external control) - car just seemed to be going WAY too fast towards my garage wall that I too stopped it with key fob before completing :(!

Keep meaning to set up a temp soft barrier to see how it actually plays out to put my mind at ease!

The remote park thing was part of the tech pkg when I configured my car and why have it as TBH had no real interest in using it - still be interested to see it work properly - will do it at some pt I guess :)
Occasionally I use remote park assist to pull my car out of my garage when my wife parks it too close to our other car for me to comfortably get into. I’ve not needed to use RPA to pull the car into any place yet. This function is currently broken in the iPhone app so I can’t even use it.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Occasionally I use remote park assist to pull my car out of my garage when my wife parks it too close to our other car for me to comfortably get into. I’ve not needed to use RPA to pull the car into any place yet. This function is currently broken in the iPhone app so I can’t even use it.
Yes saw some comments on that but car at dealership w/heater replacement pending so can’t test anything.

luv4eternity

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2022
Country flag
hi @Hirschaj

is your remote park assist from your app not connecting to your car too ?
Mine was working prior to my visit to the Porsche in January but since i got the car back , it hasn't been connecting and let me pull the car out . i thought they f'd up my car. :(

OP
OP
Hirschaj

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
hi @Hirschaj

is your remote park assist from your app not connecting to your car too ?
Mine was working prior to my visit to the Porsche in January but since i got the car back , it hasn't been connecting and let me pull the car out . i thought they f'd up my car. :(
It's almost certainly not your car, it's the app. There was a new app release that broke Remote Park Assist (RPA) for everyone. BTW... RPA is different than the Park Assist function that I'm talking about in this thread.

luv4eternity

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2022
Country flag
It's almost certainly not your car, it's the app. There was a new app release that broke Remote Park Assist (RPA) for everyone. BTW... RPA is different than the Park Assist function that I'm talking about in this thread.

Yea i figured it was different. But there is also another Park Asist when you find a parking spot and hit park assist, you should have a feature , "Start remote park assist", to jump out of your car and control it through the app to park. At work now, no picture. probably show you later :)

Thx for letting me know im not alone with this feature being down lol

luv4eternity

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2022
Country flag
FYI, i chicken out too when i did park assist. i was afraid the car was gonna curb its wheel and i hit the brakes. still not confidnent on my end

ZenicaNC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Cayenne S E-Hybrid
Country flag
The dealer salesman said my CPO has this feature but I don't see the icon shown in the manual with the steering wheel. What is the code that should show in the build sheet if the car has this?

OP
OP
Hirschaj

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The dealer salesman said my CPO has this feature but I don't see the icon shown in the manual with the steering wheel. What is the code that should show in the build sheet if the car has this?
I’m not sure. I believe it was part of the “Technology Package“. The icon should show up in the bottom left corner of the lower center screen.

ZenicaNC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Cayenne S E-Hybrid
Country flag
I’m not sure. I believe it was part of the “Technology Package“. The icon should show up in the bottom left corner of the lower center screen.
I've looked all over, I don't see the symbol shown in the online vehicle manual.

They don't appear in the main instrument cluster nor do they appear in the main center display or the angled center console display which is in line with my build not having the technology package. I have the Performance and Premium packages which means the salesperson confused his CPO Taycans or was just erred. Either way, I can stop scratching my head trying to figure it out.

Porsche Taycan I used Park Assist for the first time but chickened out right towards the end. Steering Wheel P
Porsche Taycan I used Park Assist for the first time but chickened out right towards the end. Manual