Ice grey or Grey Dolomite ?

• Total voters

ShiftyWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2017 Audi Q5 PP
Country flag
Additional question: I feel like the RED LED strip displays the PORSCHE logo in BLACK when it's off, making it almost invisible during the day. Am I wrong?
Yes, the black Porsche name is very hard to see and does not light up in the 2020-2024, but the light strip itself looks great.
Porsche Taycan Ice grey or Dolomite? 1000001155

Porsche Taycan Ice grey or Dolomite? 1000001151

I recently changed mine to the Glacier Blue, which I think looks really good on lighter colors.
Porsche Taycan Ice grey or Dolomite? 1000001872

Ferdinand

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S as of Feb 2021; before, BMW i3
Country flag
We chose ice Grey Metallic with the Black / Bordeaux Red interior for our 2021 4S and like it very much. It’s true that the Dolomite has a bit of blue in certain lights; we didn’t care for that though others might like it. The metallic in the Ice Grey gives the car different appearances in different lights, which we like. In strong sunlight, parked next to a white car, one can see the strong difference from white. I’d like to get the same combination for a 2025 4S but feel we should get something different for the sake of variety. Thinking about Standard Black / Limestone Beige interior with White exterior; we’re going to look at a 2024 Taycan with that interior to see how it really looks but would welcome comments and suggestions. I’d like to get the animal-free Slate Grey / Pepita If and Only If we could get a smooth leather steering wheel; I rather like RaceTex on the seating but not on the steering wheel rim, but the configurator doesn’t seem to show that’s possible.

Last edited:

WindsurfUS1111

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan RWD; 2023 Rivian R1S; 2018 Volvo XC90
Country flag
Like everyone has said, color is very personal.

I've seen both in person side by side.
Ice grey is close to white, but with a tad more personality and uniqueness. I have a carrera white, and would love to have had an ice grey car. It's not as boring as WHITE. I think it's stunning, and one of the two best colors - the other Neptune Blue.

The dolomite reminds me of the olden days and "Back to the Future" DeLorean.
The car's finish isn't aluminum, and to me, that's what the car is trying to replicate.

pdavison

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR Velar, Harley Davidson Sportster
Country flag
I have ice grey with blackberry interior and it works really well in my opinion.

WindsurfUS1111

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan RWD; 2023 Rivian R1S; 2018 Volvo XC90
Country flag
Ice grey.

Dolomite looks like it is attempting to represent a bare aluminum finish, a la "Back to the Future DeLorean"

It just looks old.

MHC

First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan Turbo, 2022 BMW IX,
Country flag
I had a 2020 Dolomite Silver Taycan turbo with black high gloss paint trim options and it was awesome . I have a 2023 GTS in Grey (chalk) with high gloss black and it’s just not as striking. Ice grey is a nice color but looks more off white than grey in my experience. It’s largely a personal preference and all the cars look different under different lighting conditions. I would save my money on the premium paint colors. Chalk cost me 3k extra ( I had no choice - it was that or Neptune blue that was available last year on the sport turismo I was looking for) and it seems there is no exclusivity to the premium paint colors because Porsche seems to paint all their dealer orders in premium colors to make extra profit.

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
You need to see Ice grey in person. Pictures don't do it justice

markrm61

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan, 2014 S4
Country flag
The Dolomite does have a blue hue in some light. It’s attractive with black window trim and my car also has the Mission E wheels which sets it off too.

Porsche Taycan Ice grey or Dolomite? IMG_1347

sbalaji

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MB
Country flag
It was the exterior colour I was referring to. That's your first hurdle.

(I'm not a fan of Porsche red interiors personally. I suspect it would go with both equally. The exterior colour is far harder to gauge and what you were wanting compared with the Tesla).
I have a volcanic metallic grey with red interior - it’s amazing - red with shades of gray is a thing as it pertains to sports cars - off course it’s all personal preference in the end.

Tighlines

First Name
Klint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 panamera turbo, 2023 taycan CT 4S
Country flag
With so many exciting colours available why choose a boring one? Gray, black, silver.. 😴

P21_0426.jpg
Understated/subtle colors on an overstated/eye-popping car. Flashy colors on this car is like a naturally beautiful woman putting too much makeup on. IMO

As I was writing this (waiting in line for my kid to get out of school) a guy knocked on my window to compliment on how good my car looked.
My vote was ice grey because OP wants something closer to white but that random guy made a write in vote for dolomite with lots of black accents😏

Last edited: