3382H

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Just got Taycan Turbo S with amazing Innodrive system which also uses navigation to check ahead etc.
Question: Can it see Smart Motorway speed changes say on parts of M25 and automatically slow you down from say 70 mph to say 40 mph and then adjust to further overhead gantry speed limit signs?
Sponsored

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
I can't answer for M25 in London – but here on the equivalent M50 in Dublin – it does not recognise the adaptive/smart speed signs.

Away4good

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
My 4S with full PID can recognise speed limit signs correctly (most of the times) and automatically adjusts accordingly. It works better on motorways and big roads.

I used it on M25, M1, M6 and it works flawlessly..

Last edited:

4sCT21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 MK 2 MR2 GT T-Bar, 2002 Volvo S80
Country flag
Meanwhile, in my wife’s Mazda 3, it’s telling me to drive at whatever speed limit sign it can see, tells it to, Including limit signs on the back of slower moving vehicles :mad:

Driving along with a huge red bar on your Speedo between 30-70 because it thinks it should be 30 on the M1 is rather annoying!

grahamsimmonds

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
My Taycan has learnt the 50 mph restriction on the M27 - although I think this is the navigation system being updated. I get map updates regularly.

MTGBUK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi SQ7, Turbo S CT (Received :)
Country flag
Can't speak for the Innodrive but having all the bells and whistles on my previous car an Audi SQ7 made me leave the box unticked. Audi would use a combination of naviagation and traffic sign recognition. They way it made the car brake say from 70 to 40 was far too aggressive for a 2T+ car making you worried the car behind could possibly rear end you.

Hopefully the Porsche innodrive is more progressive and intuitive.

pauloamore

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan C4SCT
Country flag
Re Innodrive… I’ve seen written that it’s as good as Tesla autopilot. Then I hear that (autopilot) doesn’t work well on UK roads.

So if you have innodrive…. What’s your take?

MrB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S and Fiat 500e La Prima
Country flag
Re Innodrive… I’ve seen written that it’s as good as Tesla autopilot. Then I hear that (autopilot) doesn’t work well on UK roads.

So if you have innodrive…. What’s your take?
In my experience it reads the overhead gantry variable speed signs on the M25 just fine. I confess to having turned that function off as it does make it rather hard to keep up with the flow of traffic but it worked as designed. I use Innodrive a lot on the long boring bits of my commute from home to work (150 miles Norfolk to West London) and it’s pretty good as long as your expectations of it are realistic. It can be a little “grabby” on the brakes at times and lane keeping might not entirely match the line you’d personally choose through a corner but it does best when you relax and stop trying to steer it through the wheel yourself (you’ll just be forever fighting a mild resistance). Always helps to indicate for a lane change or the wheel will resist you more firmly but ultimately you’re still in charge and driving so I think of it as an assistant rather than an autopilot. In the claggy stop-start traffic (5pm last night on the way home) on the M25, it’s lovely and really takes a lot of the workload off you.

Overall, I quite like it.
Sponsored