Silverback

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Model 3 Perf.
Country flag
Just had this come up. Anyone seen it before or know a quick fix?
Turning the car on and off does not work.
Porsche Taycan Instrument cluster faulty 135F7C39-827D-4502-AE06-D72372D0A291
Porsche Taycan Instrument cluster faulty 88598A90-54BD-4FCA-B190-568C5457F8CC

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
You must shut and lock the car for about 20min for it to go into deep sleep. Then check it.
Else it's service appointment time.

OP
OP
Silverback

Silverback

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Model 3 Perf.
Country flag
You must shut and lock the car for about 20min for it to go into deep sleep. Then check it.
Else it's service appointment time.
Thanks Ron, I did that yesterday and it was still there. This morning though all back to normal. So fingers crossed it stays fixed.
Thanks for the reply.

OP
OP
Silverback

Silverback

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Model 3 Perf.
Country flag
It has gone away and come back a couple of times now. I will need to get it booked in.

Zeus Faber

First Name
Alison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yes had this loads of times, they said the latest rehash of the system would resolve it but it didn't, it was quite intermittent but on a recent trip it happened about 40 times, on a couple of occasions leaving the dash blank and even stopping the analogue clock. The car is going back in again next week for the third time to try and resolve it, the problem is when they plug the car in the fault isn't recorded as it seems to disappear between trips.

KRTK

First Name
Kartik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Just had this come up. Anyone seen it before or know a quick fix?
Turning the car on and off does not work.
135F7C39-827D-4502-AE06-D72372D0A291.jpeg
88598A90-54BD-4FCA-B190-568C5457F8CC.jpeg
It happens to me as well. In the US, the message shows is "Instrument Cluster Defective, Service Necessary". It seems to happen when the temperature outside is quite high, so I suspect some sort of a temp sensor issue.

KRTK

First Name
Kartik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yes had this loads of times, they said the latest rehash of the system would resolve it but it didn't, it was quite intermittent but on a recent trip it happened about 40 times, on a couple of occasions leaving the dash blank and even stopping the analogue clock. The car is going back in again next week for the third time to try and resolve it, the problem is when they plug the car in the fault isn't recorded as it seems to disappear between trips.
Did you get a response from them? I had the issue last summer, and they said the update would fix it. Did not get it after the update, but temperatures outside also dropped. Has reappeared now as temp are rising. My theory that this has to do with heat, but lets see.

Zeus Faber

First Name
Alison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Mine has been in 3 times now and it is currently in again to have the instrument cluster replaced . It is such an unpredictable fault I could go days with no issue and then 50 plus times on one trip including once taking out the analogue clock too. I continually have issues with it picking up Apple CarPlay too sometimes it picks it up straight away and then for days at a time nothing and I have to listen to the radio , bizarre ?

Ciprianbadic

First Name
Ciprian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD PB+
Country flag
Mine has been in 3 times now and it is currently in again to have the instrument cluster replaced . It is such an unpredictable fault I could go days with no issue and then 50 plus times on one trip including once taking out the analogue clock too. I continually have issues with it picking up Apple CarPlay too sometimes it picks it up straight away and then for days at a time nothing and I have to listen to the radio , bizarre ?
Today my instrument cluster went black. Let’s see tomorrow how the car feels and if it does it again, I think mine needs to be replaced or reprogrammed…

gusone

First Name
gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW Series 3 XDRIVE M SPORT
Country flag

backslashed

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Just got delivery of my new car and got this too. Instrument cluster buttons are not working. Will check if it resets. Outlook not good based on what I am reading did you find a permanent fix?

OP
OP
Silverback

Silverback

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Model 3 Perf.
Country flag
Mine went in for the recall, a service and to sort the cluster faulty(yes I have had the fault for over a year) last week. Mine came on intermittently, sometimes fine for weeks. However, it now comes on at start up and then the error will return every 15mins without fail, (you clear the fault with the back button on the steering wheel) so the system must be checking something every 15mins. The display goes a bit dimmer and none of the buttons work, which is no big deal, unless you need your fog lights.
The dealer was doing the updates and the screen just went black and is not coming back, so a new cluster is in order from Germany, so stuck in a petrol Macan for a week. You forget what a step forward the taycan is in terms of refinement, instant torque and the gearbox only needing two gears, so no messing around taking ages to drop a gear.

OP
OP
Silverback

Silverback

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Model 3 Perf.
Country flag
So....my Taycan got a full replacement cluster and now everything is working, so I have fog lights again, which is handy given the time of year.
Sponsored