iPhone connection issues

Hockey29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Anyone have issues with their iPhone connecting consistently? I have a ’22 4S and several times when I back out of the garage and start driving, I notice that my phone isn’t connected. Does anyone know how to “make it connect” once you’ve begun driving?

I have pulled over and tried to re-connect the Bluetooth on my iPhone 13. I’ve turned Bluetooth off then on. Under devices on the PCM, the phone is there and when I select it nothing happens. I’ve even turned the car off, opened the door…shut the door and turned the car back on and no connection. It’s a small thing and I know the PCM is buggy, but I’m about 75% on the phone connecting. Once the car is off and locked and I come back 15 minutes later, the phone easily connects.

Any tricks that I’m missing for connecting after the car starts? Do I need to wait to see if it connects before I put the car in Reverse? Not sure why that would be a thing and what a pain. I wouldn’t mind so much if I could figure out a quick work around as I'm fairly tech savvy. It’s always fun when a client calls and the phone isn’t connected. Ugggh!
Sponsored

gnop1950

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
I haven't had any issues connecting with Bluetooth. It usually connects fairly quickly. However, I've started just putting my phone in the center console and plugging it in. On all of my cars, CarPlay is much more reliable with a USB connection.

Windpower

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, BMW X3, Taycan RWD Coffee
Country flag
I have a ’22 4S and several times when I back out of the garage and start driving, I notice that my phone isn’t connected. Does anyone know how to “make it connect” once you’ve begun driving?
I had (have) the same issue with my iPhone 12 and my 2022 Taycan. I used CarPlay 90% of the time and sometimes it did not connect (maybe 1/3 of the drives).

I brought my car in to Porsche service for the WNA5 update and whatever they did made this 10x more reliable. Now I have a connection failure maybe once every two weeks. Someone on this forum mentioned that maybe all Porsche did was reboot the PCM. I don't know for sure, but its working better now.

I did find something interesting: sometimes when CarPlay didn't start, the iPhone was in a mode waiting for the car to 'kick start' it. I could hit the Play button on the iPhone and music would start playing.

Other times, the volume indicator was locked. I could twirl the volume control on the steering wheel but the volume was locked at some number and there was no audio.
Sponsored