First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Hey guys

After a year of uninterrupted connections to both android auto and carplay, my car now refuses to complete the carplay connection. It will connect via bluetooth, but when prompted (on the phone) to use carplay, the connection times out and the car does not show the option to connect via carplay

I have tried 2 x Iphones and for good measure an android phone as well, nothing is working

Can I ask if anyone has experienced similar, I have reset, two finger reset, power off over night, network reset on Iphone, elimination by connecting Iphone to wifes IX (faultless) and no joy. The only theory I had is that because I do not have the wifi hotspot function (who would seriously??) and the car is a year old, is there some 'block' that is preventing it

Its extremely annoying and Porsche Technical support in this area is about as much use as buying the new Dyson Headphones and air purifiers! WHo would!

Any comments or views much appreciated
Sponsored

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
I had trouble with car play after a recent iOS update. I had to forget the connection, re-boot the phone and re-connect the car play. It seems to have sorted it out and it now works again. Might be worth deleting the connection, re-boot the phone and turn off the car. Then go back after 30 minutes and reconnect as a new car play connection. If, of course, you haven’t already done that!

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
Have you tried using a wired connection? If that works then the problem is probably related to Wi-Fi or Bluetooth.

mcdermottm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MB EQE SUV 350+, ‘23 Taycan RWD coming soon
Country flag
I had something similar within a few days of ownership. I removed the device from the PCM and re-added it and it's worked ever since.

Now, it auto starts every time I get in the car and have to select XM.

OP
OP

kerryburn

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Hey guys

After a year of uninterrupted connections to both android auto and carplay, my car now refuses to complete the carplay connection. It will connect via bluetooth, but when prompted (on the phone) to use carplay, the connection times out and the car does not show the option to connect via carplay

I have tried 2 x Iphones and for good measure an android phone as well, nothing is working

Can I ask if anyone has experienced similar, I have reset, two finger reset, power off over night, network reset on Iphone, elimination by connecting Iphone to wifes IX (faultless) and no joy. The only theory I had is that because I do not have the wifi hotspot function (who would seriously??) and the car is a year old, is there some 'block' that is preventing it

Its extremely annoying and Porsche Technical support in this area is about as much use as buying the new Dyson Headphones and air purifiers! WHo would!

Any comments or views much appreciated
[/QUOTE
Have you tried using a wired connection? If that works then the problem is probably related to Wi-Fi or Bluetooth.
i did and absolutely no joy. Could be a dealer visit I’ll try this am as it is has been shut down all night

OP
OP

kerryburn

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I had trouble with car play after a recent iOS update. I had to forget the connection, re-boot the phone and re-connect the car play. It seems to have sorted it out and it now works again. Might be worth deleting the connection, re-boot the phone and turn off the car. Then go back after 30 minutes and reconnect as a new car play connection. If, of course, you haven’t already done that!
Yup tried that and everything else you can think of. I can’t help but wonder if a silent update has caused the issues. It’s very very frustrating

Fsudoles

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan RWD
Country flag
Yup tried that and everything else you can think of. I can’t help but wonder if a silent update has caused the issues. It’s very very frustrating
Good morning, I had this happen in September of 2022 and most recently, April of 2023. My vehicle would connect to CarPlay momentarily with 5G, then the car would then recognize the Taycan WI-FI as primary. I reset the PCM, deleted all connections between my IPhone and the car, nothing held. I reviewed my old post, and here’s what corrected it for me. I simply tell the phone to ignore the Taycan Wi-Fi connection. You must leave WI-FI on to use wireless CarPlay, so not allowing the Iphone to connect to the Taycan did the trick. Every now and then, even though I’ve instructed the car to forget the Taycan WIFI it still connects, so I simply forget the WI-FI again and it works as it should. It’s not perfect, but CarPlay Is functional again. If you see the WI-FI indicator on your phone and not the 5G indicator, it’s time to go into your settings and forget the Taycan WIFI again. I’ve had to forget it a few times the last week or so. The next time my car needs a service, I’m going to ask them to put it on a diagnostic device to see if there is a fault. Even though I forget the Taycan WI-FI, the MyPorsche App works just fine for lock status, state of charge, etc. I hope this helps.

A couple photos to show when the Wi-Fi took over (note the WiFi indicator under the time of day)
and on the top of my Iphone homescreen. When all is working well, the 5G symbol is there on both instead of the WiFi indicator. Let me know if it works for you…
Porsche Taycan Carplay connection issues Taycan MY 22 AF48D933-099E-4FE6-86E4-C3162041047D

Porsche Taycan Carplay connection issues Taycan MY 22 DCEAE0AF-4DA0-47D8-AFA2-A134BF10F92D

Last edited:

Fsudoles

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan RWD
Country flag
That is extremely useful. I will give it a try :)
As fate would have it, mine is still sporadic. Twice today, in spite of being a forgotten network, my Taycan Wifi has connected to my IPhone twice today alone, and I’ve driven only two miles today. I’m getting back in the loaner line…something isn’t right. Worth noting, from September until April, mine worked perfectly, something definitely changed.

Jm13rs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT, M4 CSL, V12 Vantage S, Honda NSX
Country flag
Morning,

I have had the same issue. The only way i have sorted it was to remove the phone from the PCM. I have an iphone, i then when settings, reset, reset network settings. the phone rebooted and then connected without issue.

Just a warning it will remove any wifi passwords you had saved.
Sponsored