leftang

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW GTI
Country flag
Hi! I have a 4s on order, and for various reasons (environmental, animal welfare) considering changing the interior from all black leather to Race tex.

On the other hand we have an 8 month old baby, and the rear seats will probably see the accompanied mess from travelling with a little child, which is why I specced leather in the first place

I have concerns about keeping the RT clean, before I make the move to an all-vegan car. Any viewpoints on this?
Sponsored

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I’m told the sport tex in the 911 is basically the same as race tex, and that it wears slightly faster and is slightly harder to clean. I have leather so this is 2nd hand. Most folks around here go for leather unless they are tracking the car.

That said, it’s a fabric and you’d probably be okay if you’re fastidious with a hand vacuum. 8 month old is kinda a lost cause on the cleanliness front. Crumbs and dirt will get everywhere regardless. So ... maybe ?

my genuinely useful piece of advice is to put a thin mat on the seat underneath the baby car seat. The edges of the car seat will seriously wear even leather if placed directly on the back seat. I used something like: https://www.dell.com/en-us/work/sho...IYIfD_BwE&lid=5704670&VEN3=110305272336953089

but there are more substantial products for dogs and those would probably solve your problem entirely.

jetbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
I have had Alcantara and kids in a previous car and they do not mix.... it was a nightmare, it could be kept clean but needed much more than a simple vacuum and wipe down that leather does.

I would not recommend it.

Fitzban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I sat in a Taycan with RaceTex and since the fabric isn't smooth like the leather version, really need a vacuum to keep it clean. Can't just brush things that are little (think food crumbs) off the seat with your hands. I have little kids so I ended deciding to go with leather.

MissionC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I sat in a Taycan with RaceTex and since the fabric isn't smooth like the leather version, really need a vacuum to keep it clean. Can't just brush things that are little (think food crumbs) off the seat with your hands. I have little kids so I ended deciding to go with leather.
That’s exactly why I went back to leather. As much as I like the idea of Race-Tex, with kids, who I know will eat in the back seats, I need the easier to clean option.

jheard

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MXP100D. Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi! I have a 4s on order, and for various reasons (environmental, animal welfare) considering changing the interior from all black leather to Race tex.

On the other hand we have an 8 month old baby, and the rear seats will probably see the accompanied mess from travelling with a little child, which is why I specced leather in the first place

I have concerns about keeping the RT clean, before I make the move to an all-vegan car. Any viewpoints on this?
go for partial or full leather easy to clean.
Sponsored