Latest Gift from Porsche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911
Country flag
I'm starting a new house soon and have thought I would like to have an induction charging pad in the garage floor. Early on when Porsche was nearing their final design of the Taycan, they alluded to there being this option available in the future. Since then I haven't heard a word about it.
Am I nuts?
Wishful thinking?

Cheers
Pre-unveiling there was a member on the board (forgot his name) that had some inside information and disclosed that the induction charging was left off the Taycan due to an accident relating to provider of the technology. I thought he said a fire at their plant or something. Cant recall. I believe this was later confirmed but again can’t find the source. The E-Tron GT also advertises the same thing I believe
Sponsored

dnanian

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Tesla Model S, BMW i3
Country flag
Induction is also pretty inefficient and generates a lot of heat. Not sure it's a really great match for this kind of thing...

4SJB

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCT Mini Cooper S Audi A4 3.0 TDI
Country flag
Porsche Taycan Latest Gift from Porsche image
Feeling a little jealous of those who received a USB charger.

allan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi E-Tron
Country flag
I received one of those as well. Not impressed with Porsche Hatfield, or is it Porsche UK..
I got one of these from one of the synter dealers. Bit pants. Would have been cool to get a tailored model based on your spec and colour you ordered.

bosch88

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
No gift so far from Porsche North America, yet... (I'm in Canada)... how long did a gift show up for those of you whom received a gift from the time you picked up your car?

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
No gift so far from Porsche North America, yet... (I'm in Canada)... how long did a gift show up for those of you whom received a gift from the time you picked up your car?
According to the Ask a Porsche Dealer Anything thread, any gift would have come from your dealer, not from Porsche. So if you haven't received anything, fault your dealer, not Porsche.

bosch88

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
According to the Ask a Porsche Dealer Anything thread, any gift would have come from your dealer, not from Porsche. So if you haven't received anything, fault your dealer, not Porsche.
Ok. I got a few things like a cup, hat, umbrella and a bag before.
Sponsored