jimithing

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Macan Turbo, 2014 Panamera GTS
Country flag
I have extended black leather in my Taycan 4S and now have driven 20k km after exactly one year of ownership. Steering wheel is still ok but the outer side bolsters on both front seats show too much wear for this mileage and quality car.
As Silveral, I love my Taycan but the quality of leather is slightly disappointing. My merino in my earlier E92 M3 and F80 M3 was way better quality. When I asked in the Porsche dealership about this, they actually confirmed it and said that BMW Merino is the best reasonable priced leather on the market atm.
I actually dont worry too much about this. If the wear gets too much for my eye, I will change those bolster parts. One leather part is installed around 300 eur, so not too bad.
Otherwise I love the interior and clean all the screens almost every day. They still have to show their first scratch :).
Porsche uses higher grade leather than BMW. However, I don't think it's a good thing. Fancier leather is softer and less durable. This is my second Porsche after several BMWs and the Porsche leather does require more care.

Before complaining to the dealer, I'd see what leather conditioner can do for you. I'm seeing some dryness in the leather around my lower screen that definitely shouldn't happen but I expect that leather conditioner (I have the Porsche-branded leather conditioner) will spruce it up. With the steering wheel, if you don't find it gross you can test an area by just licking your finger and rubbing it on a scratched up area and see if it goes away.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Silveral

Silveral

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
It actually doesn’t seem scratched. It looks like it’s getting to the part below the leather. Well, Im looking at some Porsche Alcantara wheels….we’ll see

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Looks like the bottom of the steering wheel. If that's the case then those marks make sense if you enter/exit the car and rub your leg on the steering wheel.

Bennie

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan ST RWD, MINI Cooper S, Harley Davidson FLDE
Country flag

Hello, since a month I own a Taycan RWD ST. With the genuine leather in the color Porsche calls chalkbeige In the Netherlands. I saw the video above and I wonder if that’s a good solution for treating my leather. In my Macan with the beige leather I saw some marks from the jeans I wore and I definitely want to avoid that In the Taycan. I previously used the Porsche cleaner and conditioner and I see they now have a new line: the white edition. Has anyone used the Gyeon product from the video or the white edition from Porsche? What do you recommend for keeping your light colored leather as new?

MesaBeer

First Name
Mesan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
panamera
Country flag
From my experience, leather can wear differently based on usage and care. It's essential to clean and condition it regularly to keep it in mint condition. You could try using some leather cleaner and conditioner to see if it helps restore the steering wheel and passenger seat.
Also, consider factors like the climate and exposure to sunlight – they can affect leather over time. And, next tie consider getting leather from vonbaer.com; they are pretty good when aging. I hope that helps!
Sponsored

Last edited: