Locked in soon - any recommended changes?

mma84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q7, Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Finally approaching my lock date. Let me know if I’m overlooking anything. I’ll be charging daily at home on a level 2. I have no plans to track the car. The purpose of the car is a daily driver for work. The full carbon ceramic brakes were my splurge solely because of the look. Side note: I wanted to add an accent of yellow inside the car and had my guy send a request for a special wish out to Porsche for yellow seat belts. Unfortunately, no can do because apparently the yellow seat belt would have to be crash tested on a Taycan which hasn’t been done.

Code: PN8VKLN0

https://cc.porsche.com/icc/ccCall.d.../modelstart/all/default.ashx&webcode=PN8VKLN0
Sponsored

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Your options list is about $30k more than mine, so I think you've got it pretty well covered. :like:

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
Your options list is about $30k more than mine, so I think you've got it pretty well covered. :like:
Heavily spec’d indeed. May want to compare to a modestly spec’s GTS if you can wait. May be $ a little better spent in the long run.

OP
OP
mma84

mma84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q7, Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Heavily spec’d indeed. May want to compare to a modestly spec’s GTS if you can wait. May be $ a little better spent in the long run.
Very valid point. I actually tried this considering the price point I’m currently sitting at and with some of the things I’ve already spec’d on the 4S that are standard in the GTS. The issue was no allocations for custom builds yet and by the time they’d have one my delivery would be pushed to Q4 2022 (without any delays).

Ciprianbadic

First Name
Ciprian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD PB+
Country flag
Love the spec but that's just Turbo money IMO. If possible, option the lower B pillar in Race-Tex as well. Other than that, I think it's a well specced build! Congrats!

Kryptos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Finally approaching my lock date. Let me know if I’m overlooking anything. I’ll be charging daily at home on a level 2. I have no plans to track the car. The purpose of the car is a daily driver for work. The full carbon ceramic brakes were my splurge solely because of the look. Side note: I wanted to add an accent of yellow inside the car and had my guy send a request for a special wish out to Porsche for yellow seat belts. Unfortunately, no can do because apparently the yellow seat belt would have to be crash tested on a Taycan which hasn’t been done.

Code: PN8VKLN0

https://cc.porsche.com/icc/ccCall.d.../modelstart/all/default.ashx&webcode=PN8VKLN0
Looks great, but agree I would go GTS at that price. I would also personally swap out the $9K splurge on carbon ceramics given you'll use the rotors <10% of the time for actual braking, and would add PDCC, RAS and PTV+. The impact of those systems on performance (not just on the track, but for every day driving) is enormous and will far outweigh the modest aesthetic impact of different calipers IMO. To each their own though! Good luck
Sponsored