First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
LOL.

NOOO let me delete this! The shame.. the shame!!

Apparently you can just "force" the door handle open. I'm a moron.

So yeah.. if anyone "locks their keys" in their Taycan and comes across this silly post.. the trick is to wedge your hand under the door handle and just pull it open. It won't extend out and it requires a touch of effort (think opening a heavy door, not arm wrestling) but it (should) pop open. I don't think the car will actually lock the doors with the key inside, it just hides the handles from you to get you to act like an idiot. Cheeky car.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thanks for keeping the his here since if this happened to me at 2am, i May remember it ;)

Now what do you mean by force it open ?

OP
OP
PanameraFrank

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thanks for keeping the his here since if this happened to me at 2am, i May remember it ;)

Now what do you mean by force it open ?
The comfort access won't work so the door handle doesn't extend outward. But you can just grab and pull it like you mean it and it'll pop open.

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
Safety Tip: The position of the door handles (in or out) does NOT indicate if the car is Locked or Not.

(It indicates if the car is bored; it's waiting for you to get in and take it for a run. It gets cranky and pulls in its handles if you tease it and don't get in.)

RG2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Golf R Estate, Golf VR6, Corrado VR6
Country flag
LOL.

NOOO let me delete this! The shame.. the shame!!

Apparently you can just "force" the door handle open. I'm a moron.

So yeah.. if anyone "locks their keys" in their Taycan and comes across this silly post.. the trick is to wedge your hand under the door handle and just pull it open. It won't extend out and it requires a touch of effort (think opening a heavy door, not arm wrestling) but it (should) pop open. I don't think the car will actually lock the doors with the key inside, it just hides the handles from you to get you to act like an idiot. Cheeky car.
Today I am so glad this post is here! Just got to work and thought I'd locked myself out, was about to make a very apologetic call to my Wife to bring the spare key 40 miles to me!!
Sponsored