pauldyson

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s Cross Turismo
Country flag
Found myself (Frozen Blue 4S CT, 23 plate) following a 73 Neptune Blue for a little while at the A1/A69 junction and then a 72 Crayon Gray further along at Hexham.

Nice to see a few Taycans in a part of the world Evo magazine has described as a desert for electric cars!
Sponsored

korsikoff

First Name
Robbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S
Country flag
Found myself (Frozen Blue 4S CT, 23 plate) following a 73 Neptune Blue for a little while at the A1/A69 junction and then a 72 Crayon Gray further along at Hexham.

Nice to see a few Taycans in a part of the world Evo magazine has described as a desert for electric cars!
I'm in that part of the world next Saturday with my 72 CT4S. Any decent charging spots Newcastle/Sunderland area or between Leeds and Newcastle on A1(M)?

OP
OP

pauldyson

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s Cross Turismo
Country flag
I'm in that part of the world next Saturday with my 72 CT4S. Any decent charging spots Newcastle/Sunderland area or between Leeds and Newcastle on A1(M)?
Yes, plenty. In the Leeds area IONITY Skelton Lakes is a regular stop (although can be busy) as are the ultra-fast chargers at Wetherby services. Nearer to Newcastle there are ultra-fast chargers at Washington services and another IONITY at the Metro Centre (I’d give that a miss on a Saturday though).

Limited options in Newcastle itself although there are fast and ultra-fast chargers just by St James’s Park (Wellington Street) and in Sunderland there are fast and ultra-fast chargers on Wear Street.

I’ve used all of these at some point or other

korsikoff

First Name
Robbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S
Country flag
Yes, plenty. In the Leeds area IONITY Skelton Lakes is a regular stop (although can be busy) as are the ultra-fast chargers at Wetherby services. Nearer to Newcastle there are ultra-fast chargers at Washington services and another IONITY at the Metro Centre (I’d give that a miss on a Saturday though).

Limited options in Newcastle itself although there are fast and ultra-fast chargers just by St James’s Park (Wellington Street) and in Sunderland there are fast and ultra-fast chargers on Wear Street.

I’ve used all of these at some point or other
Thank you, that info is super useful.

Boss Hogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S, 981 GT4
Country flag
Between Wetherby and Newcastle, Leeming Bar and Scotch Corner both now have multiple (12 I think) 350kW charger areas
Sponsored