Polar993

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
McLaren 720s, Porsche 993, Alpina Z8, Ferrari 328,
Country flag
I know the Sport Turismo is already a bit lower than the Cross Turismo, but I wanted my GTS to be a slight bit lower than stock.

I bought the FVD links, which are very good quality and have a nice rubber pocket for the Porsche ball joint to fit into securely. Not having to affix an extra pin to secure the ball joint into the lowering link makes it a lot easier to change out when doing the final height adjustments. There’s a lot of trial and error to get the perfect drop!

The front links are very easy to access by jacking the car up. The rear links can also be accessed by jacking the car and not removing the wheels, but it’s a very tight space and it’s certainly not easy to remove the oem links and install the new ones. That said, thankfully I was successful in installing the rear links without having to remove the wheels. I had to adjust the rear links 3 times, so it would have been a real pain in the ass if I had to remove and remount the wheels each time!

Removing the oem links is made much easier by preheating them lightly with a heat gun. They are plastic, so be careful not to apply too much heat. The softened plastic allows you to wiggle off the link from the ball joint.

Overall I’m happy with the results. I’ll take more photos next week, but the car still rides very well. The overall drop was about 13mm in Low Mode, so not an aggressive drop. Lowered Mode now sits at about the previous Low Mode, and Normal Mode still provides clearance for speed bumps and rough roads.

I also previously installed 12mm (front) and 10mm (rear) spacers.

Porsche Taycan Lowering links installed on 2023 Taycan GTS Sport Turismo IMG_2515
Porsche Taycan Lowering links installed on 2023 Taycan GTS Sport Turismo IMG_2517

bwherry

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan GTS ST, '22 BMW iX xDrive50
Country flag
Looks great @Polar993 ! Can you post some side view pics, so we can get an idea of the wheel fitment/fender flushness with the spacers? I don't think I've seen wheel spacers on a GTS yet... Thanks!

Brian

OP
OP

Polar993

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Looks great @Polar993 ! Can you post some side view pics, so we can get an idea of the wheel fitment/fender flushness with the spacers? I don't think I've seen wheel spacers on a GTS yet... Thanks!

Brian
I’m away skiing for a few days, so I’ll post more pics when I get back. I took a few photos of the spacer install before I lowered the car with the new links.

Porsche Taycan Lowering links installed on 2023 Taycan GTS Sport Turismo IMG_1993

mr_robs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Supra
Country flag
Perfect amount of drop. Looks mint! Have you noticed any change in ride quality with the small amount of height change ?

OP
OP

Polar993

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The ride quality is still very good. It’s very hard to tell the difference between the quality of stock ride height vs the lowered ride height. The Low mode is only slightly more bumpy on rough roads. I can’t feel any difference in the Lowered or Normal modes.

bwherry

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan GTS ST, '22 BMW iX xDrive50
Country flag
Hey @Polar993 - while we're on the topic, if and when you have a chance, could you also share some photos of your car in lift mode? I'm curious how high it still can get when lifted, since here in Los Angeles there are lots of parking blocks, tall curbs, speed bumps, steep parking garage entrances, ... I'm deciding between a Taycan 4/4S CT or GTS ST now, so interested in ride height at the different height settings. Measurements (from lowest point of body to ground, I guess) would also be great, but no sweat if that's too big of an ask - appreciate your sharing!

OP
OP

Polar993

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hey @Polar993 - while we're on the topic, if and when you have a chance, could you also share some photos of your car in lift mode? I'm curious how high it still can get when lifted, since here in Los Angeles there are lots of parking blocks, tall curbs, speed bumps, steep parking garage entrances, ... I'm deciding between a Taycan 4/4S CT or GTS ST now, so interested in ride height at the different height settings. Measurements (from lowest point of body to ground, I guess) would also be great, but no sweat if that's too big of an ask - appreciate your sharing!
I am out of town for a few days, but I will test the Lift Mode out next week for you when I get back.

JAGMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 CT4
Country flag
Can the links you used be used to lift the ride height? I can’t imagine lowering the CT with the roads clearance issues we have around here.

OP
OP

Polar993

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes, they can. You would simply do the opposite of what I did. You would shorten the length of the front links and lengthen the rear links to increase the ride height.

You should create a “Dakar” Edition Taycan Cross Turismo!
Sponsored