Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
I wanted to lower my RS E-Tron GT by 10mm, but wanted the option to raise it back to stock at any time.
I decided to go with OBDeleven Pro. I purchase OBDeleven new from eBay for $105.
There was no other feature I found useful other than lowering the suspension, so I didn't need the credits. The Pro is perfect for what I need

Here are the steps:

Put the OBDeleven in the OBD port under the steering wheel closer to the driver side door.

You must be sitting in the car with the door closed. Then turn on the car

Once you open the OBDeleven app, connect to the OBDeleven device, then Scan the system. This take a few minutes

Porsche Taycan Lowering the E-Tron GT with OBDeleven screenshot_20230707_182236_obdeleven-vag-

Once completed you can go to into different control units.
Find the Chassis Control then click on it.

Porsche Taycan Lowering the E-Tron GT with OBDeleven screenshot_20230707_182626_obdeleven-vag-

First click on Security Access before getting into the Adaptation section where you make your adjustments.

Porsche Taycan Lowering the E-Tron GT with OBDeleven screenshot_20230707_182639_obdeleven-vag-

Put the code 20103 onto the Login.
If you don't do this step, you will get an error when making the adjustments.

Porsche Taycan Lowering the E-Tron GT with OBDeleven screenshot_20230709_083803_obdeleven-vag-

After the security login, now you can go into the adjustments for the suspension.

You adjust each wheel. Here is the translation

Eingegebener Höhenwert vorn links
Entered height value front left

Eingegebener Höhenwert vorn rechts
Entered height value front right

Eingegebener Höhenwert hinten links
Entered height value rear left

Eingegebener Höhenwert hinten rechts
Entered height value rear right

Porsche Taycan Lowering the E-Tron GT with OBDeleven screenshot_20230707_183328_obdeleven-vag-

Each wheel has a different value which you must be adjusted up.
I wanted to lower by 10mm.
To complete you hold down the green check mark on each wheel.

Porsche Taycan Lowering the E-Tron GT with OBDeleven screenshot_20230709_074202_obdeleven-vag-

Porsche Taycan Lowering the E-Tron GT with OBDeleven screenshot_20230709_081028_obdeleven-vag-

Once completed you go back to the main page and clear the Faults by holding down the ce ter button. This clears all the faults.

Porsche Taycan Lowering the E-Tron GT with OBDeleven screenshot_20230709_084430_obdeleven-vag-

Once the faults have been cleared, turn off the car, remove the OBDeleven from the port, close the door.
A minute later you will hear the suspension release air and the car lowers to it's new setting. It doesn't happen immediately.

After a 10mm drop, this is what it looks like in Efficiency mode. No wheel gap

Porsche Taycan Lowering the E-Tron GT with OBDeleven 20230709_095555-

You feel the road a lot more. Compression is very noticeable, but the car is planted, less body roll, way better handling, more compliant.
Its less rough in Comfort mode, but in Efficiency you really hear tland feel the thumps in uneven roads.

It was a no brainer and I'm very pleased with the results. Worst case I can always raise it back to stock

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Interesting - a simpler solution than CETE I guess being software only - to be clear, the (chosen) 10 mm drop you used I assume affects ALL driving modes (like using hard links) I.e. unlike CETE you cannot set a ‘mode-specific’ drop, correct?

OP
OP
Mr.Smith

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Interesting - a simpler solution than CETE I guess being software only - to be clear, the (chosen) 10 mm drop you used I assume affects ALL driving modes (like using hard links) I.e. unlike CETE you cannot set a ‘mode-specific’ drop, correct?
Not being able to set the height on the desired mode is a huge drawback. CETE wins there.
Its 10mm across all settings so you really feel how rough it is in Efficiency

For the price, easy of use and no hardware to install, its a win for me. I don't want to install links or a the CETE module

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Not being able to set the height on the desired mode is a huge drawback. CETE wins there.
Its 10mm across all settings so you really feel how rough it is in Efficiency

For the price, easy of use and no hardware to install, its a win for me. I don't want to install links or a the CETE module
Agreed looks like a great alternate to CETE/Links and an excellent price pt.

But can you clarify again for me - from your description of setup above it reads like you can set a height (lift/drop) for each specific wheel - sure when set it’s set but it could be lowered more say in front than rear correct? Or am I reading this wrong (but why have a setup for each wheel if not)?

Thx for sharing!

OP
OP
Mr.Smith

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Agreed looks like a great alternate to CETE/Links and an excellent price pt.

But can you clarify again for me - from your description of setup above it reads like you can set a height (lift/drop) for each specific wheel - sure when set it’s set but it could be lowered more say in front than rear correct? Or am I reading this wrong (but why have a setup for each wheel if not)?

Thx for sharing!
You can technically raise or lower any wheel to any height you want. You can make the front lower than the rear

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You can technically raise or lower any wheel to any height you want. You can make the front lower than the rear
Just started to look at sites to buy and options on Amazon etc - you of course specifically ref the E-tron but to your knowledge have others had this work on a Taycan? Thx, C.

Edit - hmm - the more I read the more dodgy it gets imo in respect needing ‘credits’ to have features work and then that these credits don’t seem to give you the feature I.e. they are in fact simply an annual subscription cost!! Have I got this incorrect?

That and Porsche is specifically not included despite other VAG cars listed like Audi and VW.

Guess I need to dig more ..

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mr.Smith

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just started to look at sites to buy and options on Amazon etc - you of course specifically ref the E-tron but to your knowledge have others had this work on a Taycan? Thx, C.

Edit - hmm - the more I read the more dodgy it gets imo in respect needing ‘credits’ to have features work and then that these credits don’t seem to give you the feature I.e. they are in fact simply an annual subscription cost!! Have I got this incorrect?

That and Porsche is specifically not included despite other VAG cars listed like Audi and VW.

Guess I need to dig more ..
There are credits for other trivial settings that don't apply to me. Like the windows lowering more when you unlock the door.
I wanted to lower my car, nothing more.

I also looked before and it doesn't apply to Taycan

Here are the cars it does work on.

Porsche Taycan Lowering the E-Tron GT with OBDeleven Screenshot_20230712_141045_OBDeleven VAG

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
There are credits for other trivial settings that don't apply to me. Like the windows lowering more when you unlock the door.
I wanted to lower my car, nothing more.

I also looked before and it doesn't apply to Taycan

Here are the cars it does work on.

Screenshot_20230712_141045_OBDeleven VAG.jpg
Ha! Had not paid attention to the jump to the E-trim forum - my bad :)!

ProjectGT888

First Name
JACKY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AUDI Etron GT
Country flag
I wanted to lower my RS E-Tron GT by 10mm, but wanted the option to raise it back to stock at any time.
I decided to go with OBDeleven Pro. I purchase OBDeleven new from eBay for $105.
There was no other feature I found useful other than lowering the suspension, so I didn't need the credits. The Pro is perfect for what I need

Here are the steps:

Put the OBDeleven in the OBD port under the steering wheel closer to the driver side door.

You must be sitting in the car with the door closed. Then turn on the car

Once you open the OBDeleven app, connect to the OBDeleven device, then Scan the system. This take a few minutes

screenshot_20230707_182236_obdeleven-vag-jpg.jpg

Once completed you can go to into different control units.
Find the Chassis Control then click on it.

screenshot_20230707_182626_obdeleven-vag-jpg.jpg

First click on Security Access before getting into the Adaptation section where you make your adjustments.

screenshot_20230707_182639_obdeleven-vag-jpg.jpg

Put the code 20103 onto the Login.
If you don't do this step, you will get an error when making the adjustments.

screenshot_20230709_083803_obdeleven-vag-jpg.jpg

After the security login, now you can go into the adjustments for the suspension.

You adjust each wheel. Here is the translation

Eingegebener Höhenwert vorn links
Entered height value front left

Eingegebener Höhenwert vorn rechts
Entered height value front right

Eingegebener Höhenwert hinten links
Entered height value rear left

Eingegebener Höhenwert hinten rechts
Entered height value rear right

screenshot_20230707_183328_obdeleven-vag-jpg.jpg

Each wheel has a different value which you must be adjusted up.
I wanted to lower by 10mm.
To complete you hold down the green check mark on each wheel.

screenshot_20230709_074202_obdeleven-vag-jpg.jpg

screenshot_20230709_081028_obdeleven-vag-jpg.jpg

Once completed you go back to the main page and clear the Faults by holding down the ce ter button. This clears all the faults.

screenshot_20230709_084430_obdeleven-vag-jpg.jpg

Once the faults have been cleared, turn off the car, remove the OBDeleven from the port, close the door.
A minute later you will hear the suspension release air and the car lowers to it's new setting. It doesn't happen immediately.

After a 10mm drop, this is what it looks like in Efficiency mode. No wheel gap

20230709_095555-jpg.jpg

You feel the road a lot more. Compression is very noticeable, but the car is planted, less body roll, way better handling, more compliant.
Its less rough in Comfort mode, but in Efficiency you really hear tland feel the thumps in uneven roads.

It was a no brainer and I'm very pleased with the results. Worst case I can always raise it back to stock
I have just got my obdeleven to do the same... (stupid Australian version won't got below 3 bar even in efficiency mode) but I am getting 0 in value compare to your default 4xx value... any clue?

OP
OP
Mr.Smith

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have just got my obdeleven to do the same... (stupid Australian version won't got below 3 bar even in efficiency mode) but I am getting 0 in value compare to your default 4xx value... any clue?
You're in the wrong section. I did that initially too