LTE connection

EmGTS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
I collected my GTS last Wednesday, but from the beginning there is an issue with LTE connection.
PCM starts in privacy mode, I can deactivate it but I’m not able to add my account(Porsche ID) because there is no LTE connection.

My Porsche app is also very limited, all functions are greyed out.

I rang Porsche connect, they’re trying to fix it but no luck so far.
Porsche Taycan LTE connection 4BEE6F05-032A-4087-A5CD-A185D6199284

Is there any way to fix it ?
Sponsored

Oink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+, M3P
Country flag
Without LTE the car won't be able to pick up your account when logging in. Take it back to the dealer and they can either swap the sim or it might be a dead modem. Or loose cable.

FlyingPoint

First Name
Cobblestone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, GT3
Country flag
It is a known software issue. The odds that it is hardware related is slim.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I collected my GTS last Wednesday, but from the beginning there is an issue with LTE connection.
PCM starts in privacy mode, I can deactivate it but I’m not able to add my account(Porsche ID) because there is no LTE connection.

My Porsche app is also very limited, all functions are greyed out.

I rang Porsche connect, they’re trying to fix it but no luck so far.
4BEE6F05-032A-4087-A5CD-A185D6199284.jpeg

Is there any way to fix it ?
Disconnect the 12v battery for a couple of minutes and then reconnect to force a hard reboot. It may help.

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Is this related the red blinking emergency button issue in the roof panel?

My car had that on delivery last week and I couldn’t connect my app to the car. It was solved the same day but took 20 minutes.

FlyingPoint

First Name
Cobblestone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, GT3
Country flag
It is?
And how do you know by just looking at a symbol on the dash?
The symbol on the PCM indicates that there is no LTE connection. What are the odds of a previously functioning SIM card failing? Possible, not likely. The other possibility is the Control Module. Some have reported failures but in most cases the problem lies with the software.
You will have to visit the dealer and Porsche in concert with the dealer will diagnose and likely reprogram.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
The symbol on the PCM indicates that there is no LTE connection. What are the odds of a previously functioning SIM card failing? Possible, not likely. The other possibility is the Control Module. Some have reported failures but in most cases the problem lies with the software.
You will have to visit the dealer and Porsche in concert with the dealer will diagnose and likely reprogram.
So you're guessing.
I've been here long enough to know that you can't possibly say what's going on by just looking at one symbol on the dash.
Could be anything as the LTE part of the Taycan consists of many tables and modules which also work with other modules so a wild guess isn't something that will help to determine the problem.
Unless you're an experienced technician of course.
I'm sorry if I'm a bit harsh but really, guessing isn't going to help someone.
I just say: I don't know. 😉
That's a bit of the problem with these digital cars of today.
You are highly depending on your dealer and his PIWIS software...

FlyingPoint

First Name
Cobblestone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, GT3
Country flag
So you're guessing.
I've been here long enough to know that you can't possibly say what's going on by just looking at one symbol on the dash.
Could be anything as the LTE part of the Taycan consists of many tables and modules which also work with other modules so a wild guess isn't something that will help to determine the problem.
Unless you're an experienced technician of course.
I'm sorry if I'm a bit harsh but really, guessing isn't going to help someone.
I just say: I don't know. 😉
That's a bit of the problem with these digital cars of today.
You are highly depending on your dealer and his PIWIS software...
Of course its a guess, an educated guess. I have not seen the car, plugged it in or know everything that has occurred. The OP did not reach out to an online certified technical website. I am quite confident he is reaching out to those that have either experienced the issue or know someone that has. I have experienced the OP's issue. I am simply relaying information that I have obtained from various technical sources about this issue, which include some senior folks at Porsche. In the end, it does not matter as the OP will have to visit a service center to resolve the issue. Hopefully, it is a hardware issue that throws a fault. It will probably take longer to correct if its a software issue. There are not many folks at Porsche that work these problems and the local service tech's have no authority to fix anything without factory approval.

To the OP: They will likely reset the ORU warning and perform an automatic coding locked vehicle step for 30 minutes. This cleared the issue for me.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Reactions: Dee