mjoe

First Name
Florian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
In a German video, they said that YouTube comments (for the general ambition to build it) and talking to your dealer counts..

They were referring to something like: „Please write me on this non-existing pre-order list“ spell against your dealer.

Good luck.. 😄

eisenb11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Everywhere is probably different, but when I was buying my first 911, that Porsche dealer had a 918 on display and said I could buy it for $900k. In hindsight, that was a pretty good deal...

Jayyvr890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Porsche will soon decide whether to build the Mission X hypercar - Autoblog
Based on that article, I'd assume they're going to make these cars. For those who were around in the Porsche 918 days, what does it take to get one?
How many new Porsches have you bought from the local dealer? How many GTs? Do you own a 918 or CGT?

Unless you answer yes to those questions and you have double digit sales history then very unlikely you will get the next Porsche supercar which will be very limited.

dstepin92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23' Taycan RWD
Country flag
If you want a collectible your dealer better be already huge, and your sales history with them better be in the range of getting allocations for the GT3 RS. Then I'm sure a dealer would give you one, outside of that it would be private collections/connections that have some say in having dibs on something like this.

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag

OP
OP

HigherLevel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Porsche Macan S, 2021 Taycan Turbo S (Jan 21)
Country flag
My information is 2nd or 3rd hand, so read it as such, but my understanding is Porsche actually had trouble moving the 918 and created a VIP program to incentivize people to purchase. Brochure for the VIP program below.

https://www.vierenzestig.nl/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/132507733-918-Spyder-VIP-Brochure.pdf
Thanks for that. Gives me some hope! I wonder if people just overestimate how many people are able to afford $1M cars, and the fact that Porsche makes more of them than the typical Koenigsegg production run of 100 or whatever.

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
Thanks for that. Gives me some hope! I wonder if people just overestimate how many people are able to afford $1M cars, and the fact that Porsche makes more of them than the typical Koenigsegg production run of 100 or whatever.
I really don’t know. Part of me thinks the market is different now and a car in that price range could sell pretty easily. However, there is likely also a sizable crowd that won’t bother with it if it’s full electric. (Not everyone is as enthusiastic as our forum…).

Either way, I can’t afford it. 😭
Sponsored