JonoNZ

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX M60, Audi RS3, Porsche Macan Turbo PR1X9KR5
Country flag
Its Sept 2023 and im still waiting on that MY24 refresh a guy in New Zealand swore was coming.
As you say that we have threads about the undisguised Taycan GT being regularly spotted. When the GT gets announced, we'll get the FL. Not long to wait now.

JonoNZ

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yep, just one more model year, just like everybody else said back then.
Haha, you talk like you don't want a FL to ever come? Why?

Anyway, I'm not going to argue over this again. If you carefully read my previous posts I was actually a little less adamant than you are making out. Yep, it's taking longer, but Porsche have their hands full with recalls and many quality issues so perhaps they're making sure they have this right this time. Who knows? I'm waiting, and yeah maybe it's another 6 months or more, none of us know for sure, but I am fairly sure the FL will be worth the wait.

Our local dealers are not taking any more inventory of the current models, only paid for customer orders. Local sales are soft and there are many used on the market too.

violuma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 RWD
Country flag
Haha, you talk like you don't want a FL to ever come? Why?
As long as my car is delivered before it, I do not care one iota when it happens.

I'm not going to argue over this again.
It sort of looks like you are doing exactly that to me.

If you carefully read my previous posts I was actually a little less adamant than you are making out.
You may have intended to be less adamant than you sounded, but you sounded really adamant to me.

perhaps they're making sure they have this right this time.
"This time"?! This is the only time, and it is looking to be on schedule to happen exactly when everybody else in that thread not named you was consistently saying: MY 2025.

I am fairly sure the FL will be worth the wait.
I sincerely hope you are not disappointed, and that you look back at all this in a year and are extremely satisfied with your decision to wait.

xyeahtony

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Integra 6MT, 23 CT4S
Country flag
As you say that we have threads about the undisguised Taycan GT being regularly spotted. When the GT gets announced, we'll get the FL. Not long to wait now.
Yup, for MY2025, like everyone said. You insisted and claimed you had inside scoop that the facelift would be released for MY24, meaning cars being built now and being delivered in the next month or so.

There are MY24 cars being built right now and shipped that look exactly like MY23 cars. lol

JonoNZ

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yup, for MY2025, like everyone said. You insisted and claimed you had inside scoop that the facelift would be released for MY24, meaning cars being built now and being delivered in the next month or so.

There are MY24 cars being built right now and shipped that look exactly like MY23 cars. lol
All I said was that a) my dealer had info from Porsche NZ about the FL and he mentioned some dates (that were subject to change), and b) that there were numerous media sightings and reports that were also reporting similar dates. I also posted detailed links to those stories. But was shot down over and over again.

I never said I had an "inside scoop." I was met with a couple of you guys who aggressively pushed back (to the point of rudeness) and asserted that Porsche never refresh or facelift a model outside of the model year cycle. That is clearly not true, we have had Cayenne this year, and the new Panamera is being unveiled and taking orders in November 2023 for delivery shortly after. We are seeing evidence of model years being shortened when a refresh is on the way.

Who knows when the Taycan gets facelifted? I don't know, but I am sure it's getting closer.

Finally, this topic has become so unpleasant to participate in. I've never encountered such a reaction to a post and I'm a member of many communities. I'm not sure if this is normal for taycanforum or not, but it's not at all welcoming and it's clear other ideas, speculation, or info are not that welcome here. It's a shame as I think we all here love the Taycan, we're here to talk about how it's been enjoyed, but also what the future of Taycan is. But if you much even mention the prospect of an update to it anybody who posts is shutdown with comments like it's miles away, enjoy what you have, it's fake news, etc and it just kills the conversation, no matter how speculative we might what it to be.

Last edited:

Hanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S Carmine Red
Country flag
Wow, this thread has gone a bit toxic…… a simplistic view is…. we order a Tayacan, we await the delivery date and we drive away. If there is a change, upgrade, fettling by the manufacture, so be it, but to have debates on what, how another entity/supplier will or will not do is fraught with issues and view points.

Im of the ‘camp’ that your order what and you want and it all comes down to a corporate what they will deliver, if there is an itemised item you have paid for that has changed, they will notify…. there is nothing that can be said or influence any type of update from the customer. I would/am more concerned with delivery delays as I just want to get it and drive it.

allroadusa

First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ Pure White
Country flag
Panamera Facelift is going to be presented on November 24, 2023. Taycan facelift is going to be presented one year later. Don’t expect the FL to be available before My 2025.

Skystorm

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS
Country flag
I saw some info about facelift/new lamps Taycan april 2024, but how knows?
Sponsored