grahamsimmonds

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I thought I was done with my configuration but now I have been on the new configurator. Some questions:-

The description for the HUD includes “Note: Use of the Head-Up Display is only possible to a limited extent with sunglasses with polarized lenses”. Slightly confusing English! I have never had a HUD before so does this mean it is hard to see without wearing sunglasses?

Secondly, I have to lock my car spec by September 7th. Does anyone know if using the MY2021 configuration, and including the HUD, will delay my delivery?

Thank you!
Sponsored

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
It means that if you wear Polarised sunglasses you might not see the HUD reflection in the windscreen. I think there are two types of polarisation, vertical and horizontal and one of them does not work in such case. This is the same as BMW have with their systems. Try it in a BMW and see if it is of interest to you.

OP
OP

grahamsimmonds

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
My dealer has confirmed that he has been able to upload my new spec including the HUD, and the delivery date is still early November. My spec locks on September 7th.

kingy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera E-Hybrid, Taycan Turbo (ordered)
Country flag
So glad I saw this thread. Same situation as you Graham, few things I would like to change given new options. Just waiting on my dealer to acknowledge its okay to do so.

See the £750 charger kit is now £0, happy days

Duc959

First Name
FR
Threads
Reaction score
Website
share.octopus.energy
Vehicles
RR Vogue Autobiography, Ducati Panigale V2
Country flag
So glad I saw this thread. Same situation as you Graham, few things I would like to change given new options. Just waiting on my dealer to acknowledge its okay to do so.

See the £750 charger kit is now £0, happy days
And front heated seats :)
Sponsored