First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
Hi folks,

Not been on the configurator for a long while - can't load my previous configs, which have custom paint - can't create a new config with custom paint either - I get an error pop-up and it hangs. Tried on chrome and safari - same issue.

Anyone else got this issue with the custom paint option stopping progress?

Many thanks
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hi folks,

Not been on the configurator for a long while - can't load my previous configs, which have custom paint - can't create a new config with custom paint either - I get an error pop-up and it hangs. Tried on chrome and safari - same issue.

Anyone else got this issue with the custom paint option stopping progress?

Many thanks
Still broken - potentially PTS has been temporarily suspended or an enhancement coming to enable actual selection and visualisation of chosen colour.

OP
OP
smoothound

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
Thanks Winge - glad its not my account/machine flakey.

gdavison

First Name
Graeme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne E-Hybrid, Boxster GTS
Country flag
Years ago PTS scheduling was tied to the August factory shut down, from memory it was something like as they came out of shutdown at end of August they would then schedule all the PTS orders and then get back to the normal colour cycles .. who knows if Porsche still do things like that ..or even in todays climate (post covid, "post" chip shortage) will still have the august lockdown. The Configurator does seem to follow what is "orderable" at the moment as my saved config with matrix lights keeps telling me its been removed from the config whenever I open it

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, 991.2 GT3
Country flag
Years ago PTS scheduling was tied to the August factory shut down, from memory it was something like as they came out of shutdown at end of August they would then schedule all the PTS orders and then get back to the normal colour cycles .. who knows if Porsche still do things like that ..or even in todays climate (post covid, "post" chip shortage) will still have the august lockdown. The Configurator does seem to follow what is "orderable" at the moment as my saved config with matrix lights keeps telling me its been removed from the config whenever I open it
Porsche hasn’t done this for years. I have a MY18 PTS GT3, it was built Feb 18, was originally scheduled for Nov 17 and was pushed a couple of times. One thing that does happen with PTS, is paint gets ordered well in advance of the car being built. The paint needs to be sent to the different suppliers, since Porsche does not paint all parts. Bumpers are painted by the suppliers.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
It would be helpful if our super talented at communicating Porsche would advise same on the configurator!

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, 991.2 GT3
Country flag
The other thing to note is that PTS windows for getting orders in is very small. Dealers also have to have an allocation that is available for PTS. The planets and stars need to be in alignment, so it's not surprising the configurator doesn't allow PTS. I know it the past the PTS window has long past and the option to config is still there. IF anything Porsche is consistent at being inconsistent.

OP
OP
smoothound

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
Looks like Taycan PTS is being stopped - it seems to have gone from the German Porsch.de site.....
Sponsored