Neptune blue!

CharlieVan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5
Country flag
Hi all, I could use some help! My order will be locked any day now for a 2021 Taycan 4S. Currently spec'd dolomite silver. I'm debating switching to neptune blue but can't find any real-life pictures and don't trust the configurator renderings.

Does anyone have a real-life picture of the car in neptune blue? Or any other Porsche (or other car) images of even similar colours? Would be much appreciated!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Dlurker20

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Acura MDX, Mini Cooper
Country flag
That’s a 2021 color and they haven’t started building those yet.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi all, I could use some help! My order will be locked any day now for a 2021 Taycan 4S. Currently spec'd dolomite silver. I'm debating switching to neptune blue but can't find any real-life pictures and don't trust the configurator renderings.

Does anyone have a real-life picture of the car in neptune blue? Or any other Porsche (or other car) images of even similar colours? Would be much appreciated!

Cyrus
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...e-carbon-w-illuminated-door-sill-guards.1040/

Presumably this is Neptune Blue and the best we have right now. Sapphire Blue was one of my favorite blues of all time and this looks similiar.

Still, awfully risky to spec it without seeing it in real photos or video, let alone real life. Especially as it's a premium cost color.

OP
OP

CharlieVan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5
Country flag

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
@CharlieVan No one knows. There is the configurator image and then only guesswork. Ask Porsche for a sample but they'll probably ignore the request. I'd say make the request and stick to Dolomite unless they release a sample or official photo before your lock date.

The configurator is notoriously off on colors so you'd really be rolling the dice. Just for the Taycan the Dolomite, Mamba Green, Frozen Blue, and Carmine Red look shockingly different in real life vs the configurator.

Here is Neptune Blue from the Porsche pamphlet. Looks similar there to the thread I posted which is definitely not Gentian. But all guesswork. Colors in this pamphlet are generally closer than the configurator but some are still a bit off.
Porsche Taycan Neptune blue! New Porsche Taycan June Colors

Dolomite is a lovely color.

Last edited:

PNWTaycan4S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘91 Polar Silver 964, ‘20 Dolomite Silver Taycan 4S, ‘19 Gravity Blue Nero EV
Country flag
@PanameraFrank Thanks for the detailed feedback. Much appreciated.
Porsche Taycan Neptune blue! 1AC78969-57BC-4126-AECE-535A39CFD02A

Neptune looks like a really a terrific color. Here’s my Dolomite. Amazed at how it doesn’t show dust or dirt. Excuse the side markers, a weekend project to install the clear.

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911C4S; Jag F-TypeR; Taycan4S; Turbo+992 (ordered)
Country flag
1AC78969-57BC-4126-AECE-535A39CFD02A.jpeg

Neptune looks like a really a terrific color. Here’s my Dolomite. Amazed at how it doesn’t show dust or dirt. Excuse the side markers, a weekend project to install the clear.
but whilst in the picture its a lovely silver it does have blue hues in the light doesn't it?

bangersandmash

First Name
bib
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Alpina B3S, Opel Corsa electric
Country flag

Cyrus
@PanameraFrank Thanks for the detailed feedback. Much appreciated.
just buy it in Neptune, you will learn to love it. every car apart from black, i have every chosen I have in the end learned to love:)

its part of the journey
Sponsored