New 2024 Taycan GTS Sport Turismo “Differential Lock Failure” Warning

slowpoak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo
Country flag
Morning all,
I keep getting this warning periodically. It happens after reversing and soon as I put it in drive and start moving forward the warning pops up. Anyone run into this issue?

Sorry for the blurry image..

Porsche Taycan New 2024 Taycan GTS Sport Turismo “Differential Lock Failure” Warning IMG_8281
Sponsored

TXSchnee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 Taycan CT 4S, '24 BMW XM, '23 Honda Ridgeline
Country flag
Nearly 7,000 miles on my CT 4S (has the Performance Package) and have never seen this error. I would book it into the shop asap.

OP
OP
slowpoak

slowpoak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Nearly 7,000 miles on my CT 4S (has the Performance Package) and have never seen this error. I would book it into the shop asap.
Thanks for the reply. Definitely disappointed, first time I saw this message car only had 50ish miles on it. Will definitely bring it in for diagnostics.

snowing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Thanks for the reply. Definitely disappointed, first time I saw this message car only had 50ish miles on it. Will definitely bring it in for diagnostics.
hey did they ever give you an answer on this? i also have a newer 24 GTS and have had it pop up three times in the past week. twice was when i was in reverse trying to straighten out in my parking spot and once while driving. brought it in today and the tech never saw that issue before.

OP
OP
slowpoak

slowpoak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
hey did they ever give you an answer on this? i also have a newer 24 GTS and have had it pop up three times in the past week. twice was when i was in reverse trying to straighten out in my parking spot and once while driving. brought it in today and the tech never saw that issue before.
I spoke with the service manager who said he has never seen this before. I brought the car in to have the code read at the very least since I could not get a loaner until 1/15. He said the code was related to communication to the differential. This code is now popping up on every trip. No rhyme or reason, highway driving in a straight line, reversing, pulling away at a stop light… you name it and the warning has triggered. I have a service appointment for 1/15 and will see what happens. He mentioned the potential need to open up a case with Porsche for the issue. I hope it’s just software, but worried about damage to the diff that might be a symptom of the warning and continued driving.

Last edited:

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Morning all,
I keep getting this warning periodically. It happens after reversing and soon as I put it in drive and start moving forward the warning pops up. Anyone run into this issue?

Sorry for the blurry image..

IMG_8281.jpeg
This will relate to PTV+ (torque vectoring) which is standard on the GTS.

I don't think this has been reported on the forum before.

Not ideal or expected on a new car.. Potentially a software glitch rather than a mechanical one.

wyuan4

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
Hi all,

Mine is a 4S Cross Turismo, also has rear diff (PTV+)

I got the exact same error code right after I drive off from the Porsche Center, and it was only like 30+km (brand new)

The service manager from Porsche who also said never seen this issue before,
which they've checked all the hardware and mechanism,
everything works fine, but somehow the error code couldn't be removed by the computer.

They promised they'll recall once they find out the potential issue.
It's been a month, and I'm still wating for the feedback.

The car still carrying the code whenever I started driving;
the driving and handling feels fine tho.

Porsche Taycan New 2024 Taycan GTS Sport Turismo “Differential Lock Failure” Warning Taycan Rear Differential Lock Failure

snowing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Now I have a feeling that my car will just sit at the dealer until they figure this out at a larger scale. Kind of on the fence about dropping off at this point.
fwiw, since i posted i was able to drop off my car and get a loaner. the service/tech team looked at it and are pretty confident its not mechanical and is indeed software related. their tech tested everything and came to the conclusion that the control unit is just not communicating correctly. they are ordering a new one and it might take a few weeks to get.

the car still operates in normal parameters according to them. if the control unit is more than a week out they said they would patch the car back up and let me drive it around until it's in store. assuming you are in the same boat (ie the car isn't actually having mechanical issues with the differential and it is purely software) you should reach out and see if you are able to just get your car back until they can get you the part.

i will say that the error has never stayed on long term; the few times it has appeared, it cleared it after i parked and walked away with the key.

will post an update as we find out more info about the new bug. outside of this thread, the only time i could find it referenced was when someone was having issues with their android auto set up. i use apple car play so that wouldn't be the specific trigger on my end.

edit: service manager reached out and gave me more info. confirmed that its the control unit that is faulty in its communication. they are looking to order a new one and coding it. updated the original posting.

Last edited:
OP
OP
slowpoak

slowpoak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
fwiw, since i posted i was able to drop off my car and get a loaner. the service/tech team looked at it and are pretty confident its not mechanical and is indeed software related. they are ordering a control unit that will offer more insight for rear differential; but the device is on back order.

the car still operates in normal parameters according to them and they might let me pick it back up today. assuming you are in the same boat (ie the car isn't actually having mechanical issues with the differential) you should reach out and see if you are able to just get your car back.

i will say that the error has never stayed on long term; the few times it has appeared, it cleared it after i parked and walked away with the key.

will post an update as we find out more info about the new bug. outside of this thread, the only time i could find it referenced was when someone was having issues with their android auto set up. i use apple car play so that wouldn't be the specific trigger on my end.
Thanks for the update.

I am in the same boat, the warning message goes away as soon as I power down the car. Even if I power it back up right away the message is gone and takes some driving for it to return.

I will drop off the car and have them review it and hopefully they come to the same conclusion as yours. If that’s the case I will request that I pick it up if possible.

I’m also an Apple CarPlay user, would be very very interesting if there is some sort of software conflict. Grasping for straws here :)

snowing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Taycan GTS
Country flag
i picked up my car a few days ago. the rear electronic control unit was completely replaced, however i have had the error pop up twice since getting the car back. driving engagement still feels fine/normal and the error is gone once the car restarts. i guess there must be some ghost in the 24 model's code.

i informed the dealer and they said that service will reach out to me after the holiday. hopefully i get a meaningful update on cause.

OP
OP
slowpoak

slowpoak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
i picked up my car a few days ago. the rear electronic control unit was completely replaced, however i have had the error pop up twice since getting the car back. driving engagement still feels fine/normal and the error is gone once the car restarts. i guess there must be some ghost in the 24 model's code.

i informed the dealer and they said that service will reach out to me after the holiday. hopefully i get a meaningful update on cause.
Dropped off the car yesterday and will report back on what the dealer finds. Fingers crossed 🤞

snowing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Taycan GTS
Country flag
brief little update on this since i last commented. i took my car back in shortly after picking it up since the error would come on daily. the service team wanted a longer time with the car this time around, which was a bit of a bummer, but they were able to give me a brand new macan as a loaner and were super communicative during the whole process and that was really nice.

the dealership had it for about a month and eventually replaced the rear motor electronic control unit a second time (to my knowledge, waiting for service paperwork to get sent over to see if anything else was replaced).

i've already driven a few hundred miles since i got it back a couple days ago and so far so good.

wyuan4

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
brief little update on this since i last commented. i took my car back in shortly after picking it up since the error would come on daily. the service team wanted a longer time with the car this time around, which was a bit of a bummer, but they were able to give me a brand new macan as a loaner and were super communicative during the whole process and that was really nice.

the dealership had it for about a month and eventually replaced the rear motor electronic control unit a second time (to my knowledge, waiting for service paperwork to get sent over to see if anything else was replaced).

i've already driven a few hundred miles since i got it back a couple days ago and so far so good.
Good to know about this, so was there anything else they replaced other than the rear motor electronic control unit?

I haven't got to the service because they need me to recover the rims, rotor, brakes back to the factory settings, but thanks for sharing all the good news.

snowing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Good to know about this, so was there anything else they replaced other than the rear motor electronic control unit?

I haven't got to the service because they need me to recover the rims, rotor, brakes back to the factory settings, but thanks for sharing all the good news.
Sorry for the late response. There was nothing else replaced based on the service docs. Still no error message popping up so far.
Sponsored