lucan6699

First Name
lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan, bentley
Country flag
So here is a thought...... I would like to know your views on this, and please tell me if i am missing something glaring...
I have a deposit and build slot in the UK, potentially ready for june/july for a 4s. As an outright company purchase - do you think there is much legs in the following:-

• Cancel my allocation
  • Wait for some of the early delivered or demo cars to come up for sale at a 'discounted-from-new price' at a time that may well be before i would get a new 4s (especially seeing as deliveries often take longer than anticipated)?

I know there won't be loads for sale 2d hand, and spec may have to be flexible - but surely some owners will sell early due to circumstances etc? Hence giving me a potentially better nearly new one, than a brand new lower spec??

Thanks, just trying to think things through 100%...

Oh, while i am here - Uk buyers. Company purchase... PCP or Outright? Keeping for 2-3 years 8k miles a year'ish.

Thanks in advance - Lawrence

Porsche Taycan New or Used?? IMG_8355
Sponsored

Eisbärenhöhle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
... clearly too many of them
Country flag
@Lawrence ... if Taycan has long waiting lists .. and it seems it has ... I guess in June/July you won't see any cheap offers on 2nd hand Taycans ... I'm pretty sure.

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
Lawrence
If you purchase NEW you can claim the first year allowance on the car
For example 100k will reduce your corporation tax by 19k in year 1
Obviously if you sell the car in the future you will have to pay 19% of the price back in tax
You can also claim any interest etc

if you buy used you will only be able to offset the corporation tax annually, so for cash flow it’s better to buy new

if you lease you claim back annually but you also can claim 50% of the vat but I found it very hard to find a Lease company that can get a car!!!!!!!

I have ordered a 4s on a PCP over 3yrs
Offsets tax by 19k
GFV 59k as they say if the car was to depreciate massively I’m not a risk

my concern for for the Taycan is is they don’t hold value it would be hard to justify an upgrade where as a PCP over 3yrs I know worst case scenario what the cost are and if it’s worth more than the GFV it’s the deposit on the next car

OP
OP
lucan6699

lucan6699

First Name
lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan, bentley
Country flag
Lawrence
If you purchase NEW you can claim the first year allowance on the car
For example 100k will reduce your corporation tax by 19k in year 1
Obviously if you sell the car in the future you will have to pay 19% of the price back in tax
You can also claim any interest etc

if you buy used you will only be able to offset the corporation tax annually, so for cash flow it’s better to buy new

if you lease you claim back annually but you also can claim 50% of the vat but I found it very hard to find a Lease company that can get a car!!!!!!!

I have ordered a 4s on a PCP over 3yrs
Offsets tax by 19k
GFV 59k as they say if the car was to depreciate massively I’m not a risk

my concern for for the Taycan is is they don’t hold value it would be hard to justify an upgrade where as a PCP over 3yrs I know worst case scenario what the cost are and if it’s worth more than the GFV it’s the deposit on the next car

Brilliant answer - many thanks. I didn't realise the offset difference from new to used - would this be the same if it was a vat qualifying car (i.e. not had a private owner) do you know - like and ex-demo.

PS, when is yours likely to be ready?

Lawrence

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
Brilliant answer - many thanks. I didn't realise the offset difference from new to used - would this be the same if it was a vat qualifying car (i.e. not had a private owner) do you know - like and ex-demo.

PS, when is yours likely to be ready?

Lawrence
I’m not 100% sure but if leasing I would think so
My understanding is you can only reclaim vat on a purchase if it’s business use only!

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just had an email to say my April build has been confirmed

OP
OP
lucan6699

lucan6699

First Name
lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan, bentley
Country flag
Thanks for all the replies. Went into Porsche Swindon today - hoping for a March slot form build. Choose white with mission e wheels (basically very similar to the launch car colour) with white rims, bordeaux / black leather, bigger battery etc etc. So new it is!!

Regarding the PCP etc, i think what i will do is a halfway-house. So have the GFV and put the remaining down as deposit (approx half i think). That way i only pay monthly the interest on the GFV, but not on the remaining amount. therefore saving me approx half the interest - but still getting a GFV.

They have still to release what the interest rate will be, but talking to a finance bank earlier, there are very few bank doing pcp on EV's - so VW finance is the obvious choice.

Thanks again for the feedback.

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
As folks said above. The 4S price is a lot lower, so I don’t think games like this will save you much. Depreciation on a Turbo S would be a lot higher in absolute $ even for the same %. But supply and demand are out of whack, there are like 30,000 back orders. I don’t think there will be many great deals for 18 months give or take.

plus, you wouldn’t get to enjoy it as long
Sponsored