• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 20, 2024 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 20, 2024, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

NEW Porsche Taycan Mobile Charger Connect 5" Touchscreen Advanced Charge Kit - $1499

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
if you look the PMC+ is listed as "standard equipment" on all Taycan's - so with holding it on trade in opens you up to a later phone call asking you to provide it because like the keys it's "included" - I'm not saying they will do this 100% - but it's a possibility.

the PMC+ is standard equipment - the PMCC is an optional upgrade - you get one or the other but not both…

the PMC+/PMCC as a "service part" purchased outside of a vehicle purchase (say you want a 2nd one for a vacation home) is north of $2500 and the PMCC is over $3200 is you get all the "pieces"…

as to what it's worth - well I consider it's "worth" to be buik weight value - it's worth something because each/every Taycan is supposed to have one - but as a functional EVSE it's worth is no more than the retail cost of an alternative EVSE that has fewer problems.

you'll be sorry _IF_ the dealer/private party discovers later you did not include it when you sold the car - at a minimum not providing it could lead to a future head ache that is not easily talked around…easier just to keep-it and provide it when selling/trading the vehicle.
Sponsored

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
if you look the PMC+ is listed as "standard equipment" on all Taycan's - so with holding it on trade in opens you up to a later phone call asking you to provide it because like the keys it's "included" - I'm not saying they will do this 100% - but it's a possibility.

the PMC+ is standard equipment - the PMCC is an optional upgrade - you get one or the other but not both…

the PMC+/PMCC as a "service part" purchased outside of a vehicle purchase (say you want a 2nd one for a vacation home) is north of $2500 and the PMCC is over $3200 is you get all the "pieces"…

as to what it's worth - well I consider it's "worth" to be buik weight value - it's worth something because each/every Taycan is supposed to have one - but as a functional EVSE it's worth is no more than the retail cost of an alternative EVSE that has fewer problems.

you'll be sorry _IF_ the dealer/private party discovers later you did not include it when you sold the car - at a minimum not providing it could lead to a future head ache that is not easily talked around…easier just to keep-it and provide it when selling/trading the vehicle.
I am curious. If someone bought a Taycan with 19" wheels, then upgraded to non-Porsche brand 21" wheels, would you recommend they keep the 19" wheels because the dealer might ask for those when trading in? If not, how it is different with a charger? As long as you price a charger with the car, who cares if it's Porsche brand, especially if the charger you provide is better.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I am curious. If someone bought a Taycan with 19" wheels, then upgraded to non-Porsche brand 21" wheels, would you recommend they keep the 19" wheels because the dealer might ask for those when trading in? If not, how it is different with a charger? As long as you price a charger with the car, who cares if it's Porsche brand, especially if the charger you provide is better.
but you're still providing "wheels" with the car in this scenario - they are clearly "included"

the question is how snitty can/will people get when there is _NO_ EVSE included with the vehicle when you trade it in or sell it - and if they reference the "standard" equipment list of a Taycan they will see _ALL_ taycan's come with the Porsche Mobile Charger Plus - it's listed in standard equipment - or they pull the the VIN factory order and see the PMCC was purchased as part of the car which replaces the facotry standard PMC+

there is NO getting around the fact that an EVSE - either the PMC+ or PMCC - was included with the vehicle when purchased - and now that same vehicle has neither - and if they then investigate what Porsche charges you to replace that "missing part" it is not a trivial cost to "replace it" at Porsche's service parts prices - you might get a phone call saying…

hey where is my PMC+/PMCC? It was included when you purchased the car (either as standard or optional equipment) and it's $3200 from suncoast for the replacement - what'ch-gonna-do?

this is going to lead to 3 scenarios
  1. dealer/private party knows Taycan's come with Porsche EVSE - they ask about it _BEFORE_ completing the transation. Love the car, where is the $3200 PMCC it came with before we complete the sale? I'll give you $3200 less because that's what it's going to cost me to replace it with the exact same part that was provided from the factory.
  2. dealer/private party discovers after sale they forgot to "clarify" this detail and now want it because it's "supposed" to be included - see right there in standard equipment - where is it? What do you mean you sold it? this is the "awkward" phone later scenario
  3. they don't notice or care and you get off the hook
to avoid _ANY_ of these scenarios you should at a minimum "disclose" the lack of PMC+/PMCC prior to sale - but then you open your self up to - why? how much? oh - yeah you're taking that cost off the sale price!!!

personally I don't think scenario #3 will be that common - more likely #2 - which is exactly what I do not want - which is awkward phones calls after I'm "done" with the vehicle and the other party is feeling upset they were "cheated" out of something they deserve. And the service parts replacement price was a rude awakening.

Last edited:

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
but you're still providing "wheels" with the car in this scenario - they are clearly "included"

the question is how snitty can/will people get when there is _NO_ EVSE included with the vehicle when you trade it in or sell it - and if they reference the "standard" equipment list of a Taycan they will see _ALL_ taycan's come with the Porsche Mobile Charger Plus - it's listed in standard equipment - or they pull the the VIN factory order and see the PMCC was purchased as part of the car which replaces the facotry standard PMC+

there is NO getting around the fact that an EVSE - either the PMC+ or PMCC - was included with the vehicle when purchased - and now that same vehicle has neither - and if they then investigate what Porsche charges you to replace that "missing part" it is not a trivial cost to "replace it" at Porsche's service parts prices - you might get a phone call saying…

hey where is my PMC+/PMCC? It was included when you purchased the car (either as standard or optional equipment) and it's $3200 from suncoast for the replacement - what'ch-gonna-do?
Imagine you included a non-Porsche EVSE with your Taycan trade-in, how is that different than including non-Porsche tires with it?

That said, when trading cars in, the negotiation is based on "as-is" for the trade-in. If I let the dealer evaluate my Taycan with no EVSE and non-Porsche tires, that is what they gave me a trade-in value for. I was not trading them the original car I bought. Any calls afterwards get a very simple, the trade-in was "as-is", no different than when dealers sell cars "as-is". Dealers have a very clear "we still owe you this" in the sales contract, so unless there was "I still owe you a Porsche EVSE" in the contract, I don't care, as they would not care if something they owed me was not a part of the contract.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Imagine you included a non-Porsche EVSE with your Taycan trade-in, how is that different than including non-Porsche tires with it?

That said, when trading cars in, the negotiation is based on "as-is" for the trade-in. If I let the dealer evaluate my Taycan with no EVSE and non-Porsche tires, that is what they gave me a trade-in value for. I was not trading them the original car I bought. Any calls afterwards get a very simple, the trade-in was "as-is", no different than when dealers sell cars "as-is".
it's listed on the standard equipment list of the vehilcle is the basis of my entire argument - you can not get around that - and that is not up for debate.

if your buyer dealer or otherwise wants all the equipment the vehicle came with and you don't provide it - we are now into the territory of what is the value impact of withholding that "item"?

what is the cost to replace it?

at a minimum even if you're providing an EVSE - it's not the one that came with the car - so some adjustment in value might be requested

arguing the details of the PMC+/PMCC sucking at this point in the vehicle sale process is going to be awkward with anyone other than a knowledable EV owner - and 99% of the public knows nothing about EV's...

"where is the PMC+" it's listed on standard equipment? Will you provide me with one? Will you reduce your sale price by the replacement cost? I don't want the charge point thing that's not what the vehicle came with, the PMC+ is listed on the Taycan's standard equipment...

you're messing with the value of your vehicle on the used market if you change/withhold anything considered "standard" - I"m not saying you can't sell it - I'm not saying you can't talk around it, I'm not even saying you'll lose money - I saying you're opening yourself up to a potentially awkward conversation during the final sale process...

my policy is as follows;

Q: Where is the PMC+ listed on the Taycan standard equipment.
A: my 2020 Taycan turbo was ordered/sold with the upgraded PMCC if you reference the options sheet that came with the car. YOu'll find it in the trunk, it's lightly used because it sucks, and I recommend against using it to charge your new Taycan - but since it came with the car from the factory I'm including it with the car.

anotehr issue is if you are selling the car with existing warranty left the PMC+/PMCC is covered by the warranty but a replacement EVSE is not - if they purchase the car and subquently have an EVSE issue -the dealer will not diagnose/replace a non-Porsche EVSE under warranty - they in fact (being clueless) might try and blame _ANY_ problem they like on the use of a non-Porsche EVSE.

you're welcome to do what ever you want - but when it comes to car sales and standard equipment lists my policy is:
  1. include it if you can
  2. disclose it if you can't
  3. but under non-circumstance sell the car without the buyer "acknowledging" in writting the delta from "factory standard".
selling undisclosed modifications to "standard" simply opens you up to awkward phone-calls/law-suites later - and at that point in time arguing the PMCC sucked so I sold it is "weak sauce" - the buyer will argue "lack of disclosure" and then you're screwed.

other than wear/tear I've found over the years it's just easier and less headache to sells cars the way they were from the factory modulo obvious wear/tear due to usage/age. But with-holding things "expected" and documented as being included with the vehilce at original purchase - best to disclose/acknowledge in writing so both parties know - and my other rule is the less you have to disclose, the easier the sale is, and the higher the sale price

disclosure = lower sale price, especially with "standard" equipment
failure to disclose = future headache

it's just easier to keep the PMC+/PMCC for what the $600 I got on eBay....yeah when it comes time to sell you Taycan I'm going to argue that $600 will be a bad trade off.

Last edited:

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
it's listed on the standard equipment list of the vehilcle is the basis of my entire argument - you can not get around that - and that is not up for debate.

if your buyer dealer or otherwise wants all the equipment the vehicle came with and you don't provide it - we are now into the territory of what is the value impact of withholding that "item"?

what is the cost to replace it?

at a minimum even if you're providing an EVSE - it's not the one that came with the car - so some adjustment in value might be requested

arguing the details of the PMC+/PMCC sucking at this point in the vehicle sale process is going to be awkward with anyone other than a knowledable EV owner - and 99% of the public knows nothing about EV's...

"where is the PMC+" it's listed on standard equipment? Will you provide me with one? Will you reduce your sale price by the replacement cost? I don't want the charge point thing that's not what the vehicle came with, the PMC+ is listed on the Taycan's standard equipment...

you're messing with the value of your vehicle on the used market if you change/withhold anything considered "standard" - I"m not saying you can't sell it - I'm not saying you can't talk around it, I'm not even saying you'll lose money - I saying you're opening yourself up to a potentially awkward conversation during the final sale process...

my policy is as follows;

Q: Where is the PMC+ listed on the Taycan standard equipment.
A: my 2020 Taycan turbo was ordered/sold with the upgraded PMCC if you reference the options sheet that came with the car. YOu'll find it in the trunk, it's lightly used because it sucks, and I recommend against using it to charge your new Taycan - but since it came with the car from the factory I'm including it with the car.

anotehr issue is if you are selling the car with existing warranty left the PMC+/PMCC is covered by the warranty but a replacement EVSE is not - if they purchase the care and subquently have an EVSE issue -the dealer will not diagnose/replace a non-Porsche EVSE under warranty - they in fact (being clueless) might try and blame _ANY_ problem they like on the use of a non-Porsche EVSE.

you're welcome to do what ever you want - but when it comes to car sales and standard equipment lists my policy is:
  1. include it if you can
  2. disclose it if you can't
  3. but under non-circumstance sell the car without the buyer "acknowledging" in writting the delta from "factory standard".
selling undisclosed modifications to "standard" simply opens you up to awkward phone-calls/law-suites later - and at that point in time arguing the PMCC sucked so I sold it is "weak sauce" - the buyer will argue "lack of disclosure" and then you're screwed.
Again, how is trading in a Taycan with non-Porsche EVSE different that trading it in a with a non-Porsche branded tires, or a Taycan which came with the smoking package and you didn't include the ash tray with the trade-in?

EDIT: A law suit? Really? By whom? If you bought a used car as-is, good luck suing the dealer or the original owner for the second set of keys, LOL.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Again, how is trading in a Taycan with non-Porsche EVSE different that trading it in a with a non-Porsche branded tires, or a Taycan which came with the smoking package and you didn't include the ash tray with the trade-in?
tiress are a wear item - no one expects it - but they do expect tires on the car. Porsche doesn't make tires, and they do not list "porsche" tires as standard equipment - but many buyers expect the tires to be nearly new and I've had both dealers and buyer request tires if they feel they are sufficiently worn - it's all part of the negotiations

smoking tray is cheap to 'replace" if the buyer requests it you may have to pony up the service price to replace it if the buyer requests it and you didn't disclose that it's missing it prior to sale - in this scenario a post sale phone call with lead to either you getting the part or cashing the buyer the service parts price - if you disclosed it prior to sale - there will be no post sale phone call.

missing factory manual - yeah they are entitled to that.

you can attempt to sell your taycan with a non-Porsche EVSE - we will see over time what that does to the resell value of the vehicle.

standard equipment lists two key fob's
where is the 2nd FOB?
what you mean you don't have it - it's $3000 according to the dealer

again I'm not telling you that you can't do it - but if you with hold the equipment, and the buyer comes back later requesting it - you may be screwed - and Personally once I've sold the car I never want to hear from that person again

a better analogy would be: build sheet lists "bose" speakers - why'd you replace them - I thought i was buying the car w/bose speakers? And I don't remember signing anything where you disclosed that you replaced the boses speakers?

and for reference here is the "technical specs" of the vehicle listed on the Porsche site.

Porsche Taycan NEW Porsche Taycan Mobile Charger Connect 5" Touchscreen Advanced Charge Kit - $1499 IMG_1601

where is the Mobile Charger Plus? Where is the 120 Volt supply cable for Mobile Charger? Where is the 240 Volt NEMA 14-50 supply cable for Mobile Charger? I checked with my dealer and they want $2800 for those 3 items - do you still have them? and you didn't disclose to me you were with holding them.

the factory standard equipment for Taycan does not list "one Tesla Mobile Corded Charger w/TeslaTap" as factory provided "kit" with a Taycan

I'm simply saying good luck on the used market for any car if you're not providing what is documented as "included" with the vehicle. and it's not worth the trival $600 you may of may not get selling it - when it comes time to sell/trade your Taycan - but you can do what ever you want and then see how that goes for you - but messing with the "standard" equipment list opens you up to post sale headaches - that's a fact.

if you disclose that you're selling the vehicle without these items I'd get the buyer to acknowledge that in writing and hope they don't check the service price for these items on suncoast. Because i've had buyers/dealers argue with me over far less than the $2000 replacement price for these items -we're not talking about a $170 ashtray. $2000-$3000 get's people attention.

here is what your buyer will see if they price the PMC+ on suncoast - people will sue you over this sort of stuff - $1995 is enough money that people will follow up and feel mislead if you don't provide it.

Porsche Taycan NEW Porsche Taycan Mobile Charger Connect 5" Touchscreen Advanced Charge Kit - $1499 IMG_1602

but _YOU_ can do what ever you want, but based on my experience good f'ing luck trying to explain to someone you are not including the $1995 Porsche Mobile Charger Plus listed as standard equipment because you sold it on eBay for $600 and didn't disclose it. And a savy dealer will reduce the trade value.

it's just easier to say: it's in the trunk - next question?

and that's worth way way way more to me than $600 eBay sale price.

if you do want to sell your Taycan without this stuff, make sure you disclose it. If you disclose it and the buyer agrees there is _NO_ issue.

but it's been my experience that if you disclose they either ask or research what it costs - and when they see it costs $1995 you've just agreed to reduce your sale price by $1995 - LOL. So disclosure = lower sale price - failure to disclose = future lawsuite or you buying a PMC+/PMCC (or cash equivalent)

it's a matter of disclosure to avoid future headaches.

Last edited:

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
standard equipment lists two key fob's
where is the 2nd FOB?
what you mean you don't have it - it's $3000 according to the dealer
ROFL, do you think Porsche or ANY dealer offered $3,000 for a buyer of a NEW Taycan who only got one key during the recent supply chain shortages?

Bottom line is that when I trade in a car, the deal is done "as-is" at the time I make it. It may take a couple of days for paperwork to clear or me getting my check, but after that, I take no demands calls from buyers or dealers. Transaction is completed. Honestly, I have trade-in many cars, only once I got a phone call after the sale, it was from a dealer who traded-in my Tesla Model S which had unlimited free supercharging which the new owner found was not working - that was resolved within a day, as Tesla came back to the customer with a solution (some setting was corrupt in my old car settings). I provided my receipt for unlimited lifetime supercharging just in case, but it turned out it was not needed.

I get your point. That said, 4+ years after the sale, I don't think it will matter what standard equipment was. Wanna bet that if you trade-in a Taycan without power-steering-column which was supposed to have it as standard equipment, Porsche will not agree to pay whatever it would take to retrofit it in? Check out the threads on missing power-steering-column.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Looks that we already lost one member od the forum :angel:

RoseyPSU

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Aston Martin Vantage
Country flag
I'll sell my PMCC for only $1350 and I'll ship for free! I also have a used HV battery to offer, but that will be pick-up only. Both will be sold as is :cool:

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
Bottom line is that when I trade in a car, the deal is done "as-is" at the time I make it. [...]

I get your point. That said, 4+ years after the sale, I don't think it will matter what standard equipment was. Wanna bet that if you trade-in a Taycan without power-steering-column which was supposed to have it as standard equipment, Porsche will not agree to pay whatever it would take to retrofit it in? Check out the threads on missing power-steering-column.
You're right in that 'as-is' means really that. However, while you can negotiate the existence of a scratch (it'll buff out/normal with age etc.), the absence of standard essential equipment is automatically a minus, and indisputable. Dave's point is that one ought to be transparent, and that including the equipment is the decent thing to do. The seller is obviously entitled to make their own trade-offs - including the subbing of a non-OEM charger for the original, or not at all. Similarly, the would-be buyer will do the same - given 2 cars at a similar price point and otherwise in identical condition, I would probably go for the one without missing standard equipment. 🤷‍♂️

(edit) Back in my BMW-buying days, I would inspect my way around a prospective (used) car towards the trunk, and casually look at the tool kit. Its degree of completeness speaks tomes about the previous owner(s). It never was a deal breaker or a point of negotiation, but a complete kit denotes a caring owner (all else being equal).

Last edited:

Moonstone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, R8 V10+, Q5 Edition 1
Country flag
I see a lot of these for sale threads for chargers that came with the car. Surely the only market for them is folk who bought a used Taycan where the original owner nicked the charger!? Eventually someone’s going to buy back their own cars original charger!

Are Porsche owners so hard up that they need to make a few quid from selling a piece of standard equipment from the car? It’s a bit like selling the jack and the tyre foam for me…
Sponsored

Last edited: