New Porsche Taycan vs Tesla Model S - WhatCar?

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt EV, Taycan 4S (Sched Oct)
Country flag
Here is a comparison article that perhaps owners of each car can comment on the accuracy of. I am a little confused on the 0 to 60 times where it gives 3.1 seconds for the Taycan and yet for the Tesla it gives a claimed number as if they did not test it.

New Porsche Taycan vs Tesla Model S
WhatCar?
https://www.whatcar.com/news/new-porsche-taycan-vs-tesla-model-s/n21606

Just so you know, no need to convince me, I've test drove the Tesla Model S twice once in 2016 and once in 2018 and I am getting the Taycan. The handling trumps all.

flickroll

First Name
Jim
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo almost here!
Country flag
Here is a comparison article that perhaps owners of each car can comment on the accuracy of. I am a little confused on the 0 to 60 times where it gives 3.1 seconds for the Taycan and yet for the Tesla it gives a claimed number as if they did not test it.

New Porsche Taycan vs Tesla Model S
WhatCar?
https://www.whatcar.com/news/new-porsche-taycan-vs-tesla-model-s/n21606

Just so you know, no need to convince me, I've test drove the Tesla Model S twice once in 2016 and once in 2018 and I am getting the Taycan. The handling trumps all.
Another data point, I traded a relatively new MS for a Taycan. Fit and finish and vampire drain finally did it to me with the MS.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Panamera Turbo
Country flag
I can't wait for there to be more EVs on the market so people stop comparing the Taycan to a Tesla. It's like comparing a Macan to a Volvo XC40; sure.. they're both compact SUVs but that's about all they have in common.

I get it, though, people are absurdly obsessed with 0-60 times even though the answer with all EVs is "they're more than fast enough".

Last edited:

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S - Soon, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid
Country flag
Can only agree. Fed up with Tesla comparisons. The Porsche brand is known for quality builds. Tesla is more a software company with a car built around it.