magnusch

First Name
Magnus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne S, Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hello everyone! Finally got an allocation for 4S next Feb! Would love your opinion and feedback on some of the options I've chosen. I don't have friends that are super familiar with the Taycan so I thought I would seek advice here instead!
Here's the Code: PNJ893I6

Some of the extra options I've been thinking are,

Black sill guard ($0)
Electric sport sound
Electric port cover
Porsche colored-crest wheels
Gloss black window trim

Was also considering trading Performance Battery Plus for Performance package but thinking might be foolish.

The goal is to keep the vehicle under MSRP $150k CAD (Dealer fee - $2445 has to be included.). Dealer will roughly give $2.5k discount. The $150k is a strict cut off because once I go over it, I pay the next tax bracket on the whole value of the vehicle. Tight budget so all comments appreciated!

edit: the goal of this car is to be stylish and fun to drive. I have a cayenne that will serve as long distance. That being said, I’m also not interested in paying a huge price for e.g. PECC or vector plus if it only marginally improves the driving dynamics.
Sponsored

Last edited:

ericj320

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hello everyone! Finally got an allocation for 4S next Feb! Would love your opinion and feedback on some of the options I've chosen. I don't have friends that are super familiar with the Taycan so I thought I would seek advice here instead!

Black sill guard ($0)
Electric sport sound
Electric port cover
Gloss black window trim

Was also considering trading Performance Battery Plus for Performance package but thinking might be foolish.

The goal is to keep the vehicle under MSRP $150k CAD (Dealer fee - $2445 has to be included.). Dealer will roughly give $2.5k discount. The $150k is a strict cut off because once I go over it, I pay the next tax bracket on the whole value of the vehicle. Tight budget so all comments appreciated!
Options can be very personal, so I’m not sure how much guidance you’ll get that will do you much good. One will say yes on one particular option and the very next post will be someone who says no. That said, here’s what I chose.

Black sill guard, not even sure what that is, don’t remember seeing that option.

Sport sound, we tried it on a loaner and didn’t like it, so we left it off.

Electric port cover, again had it on a loaner. It was raining that day and I could never the get the thing to open. I’m sure there’s a trick, but I couldn’t make it work. We also didn’t like the little wing it adds, so we left it off.

colored wheel crest, yes, I’ve always had it on our Macan’s. Looks far better to me than the standard black crest. But again, that’s me.

Gloss black window trim, we’ve had Macan’s with glass black and silver. We like the gloss black better, but it can be very dependent on the car color. Dark cars silver probably is better, but light colors the black to me looks better.

We struggled with the PB vs PB+ and opted for the PB+, but it was never to replace it with performance package. Again, the loaner we had didn’t have the performance package, and it blew our minds as it is as a stock 4S, so we couldn’t justify the price increase.

Good luck with your choices!

Gt1485

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M5
Country flag

Black sill guard ($0)
Electric sport sound
Electric port cover
Gloss black window trim

edit: the goal of this car is to be stylish and fun to drive. I have a cayenne that will serve as long distance. That being said, I’m also not interested in paying a huge price for e.g. PECC or vector plus if it only marginally improves the driving dynamics.
Hey Magnus, congrats on your allocation, I too also received a February allocation. Your comments have me thinking twice about the tax but I'm a fair bit over at $160K. I assume you're referring to the extra 5% PST above $150K as I don't think there is any way around the new Federal tax.

With regards to your build, I wanted a sportier look so I did option the all the black parts including the electric charge port. I will likely pass on the Electric sport sound as I'm not sure I'd use it after the novelty wore off. I am ordering a CT so it comes with the larger battery. I don't do a lot of road trips but even heading to Seattle and Whistler, it would be nice to know that I'd have the extra distance with the bigger battery. I'm guessing for resale it would help too.

Rainforest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Tesla Model 3 LR
Country flag
I’m also in Vancouver and was just able to keep the price below $150k.

I thought dealers aren’t giving discounts now due to the shortage of cars.

FrozenRobert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan S Cherry Red
Country flag
My 4S has Battery+, don't miss Performance Option. The 4S is already incredibly powerful -- and the extra battery capacity is worth it.

I have the electric side port doors (charging). I love them. I think they're cool and futuristic, never had a problem opening mine. For the cost of this add-on I think it's great.

Coloured-cap centres: yes. I have them. As previously mentioned, they look classy and really add a nice subtle finish to the exterior.

Electric Sport Sound: not worth it. Fun for the first few days of ownership, but many people just turn it off. Mine didn't come with it, and for the price (around $3K CDN) I felt it was overpriced for what you get. BTW the Taycan actually DOES make a sound while you're driving, and it's quite interesting -- but it's a soft "spaceship" like "Vroom" as you ramp up the stator and get flying, which is to me already interesting enough.

Black trim: Yeah on darker paint schemes it's probably best. I have blacked trim with cherry red exterior, it looks great. Same with the black door sills -- if they're not too pricey I'd choose them as well.

Keep us posted, love to see your delivery!

andix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991.1 S, Taycan Turbo (4/21), others
Country flag
Re electric port covers:
I have them, i thought it's ridiculous to open by hand on an EV… ;-)
Sponsored