New Taycan Turbo (Alarm problems?)

Y1BDB1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911, CT4S
Country flag
I have tried the lock button twice on the FOB, but the alarm has gone off still.

Where is the red light that blinks?

I have a red light on each door right inside by the mirror that I see blink.
Those are the lights. If you lock it once the light flashes normally. If you press the lock twice within 2 seconds it flashes a bunch and then pauses for a bit before flashing normally.

I certainly don’t want to disable remote access.
Sponsored

sfr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4s MY 2021
Country flag
Guys I picked up my CT early September..alarms issues for days car at dealer for 3 weelks replaced interior motion sensor no change.. finally diagnosed as a bug in Porsche Connect app delete the app on phone
and put car in privacy mode..
And if tou remove the privacy mode ?

ljump12

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3
Country flag
I’m being driven nuts by this… Goes off nearly every day. I’ve tried to double clicking the lock button, but either I don’t remember every time or it doesn’t work. Any more permanent fix yet?

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
I’m being driven nuts by this… Goes off nearly every day. I’ve tried to double clicking the lock button, but either I don’t remember every time or it doesn’t work. Any more permanent fix yet?
Double click does not work for me either.

I have to power of the car (keep driver door closed) and wait for the prompt on the PCM to uncheck interior monitor. It is a workaround and not a big deal and hope they come up with a solution.

atxtaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I picked my MY2021 Taycan up on Monday, and this happened to me last night. I had it plugged in using This. After the second time, I unplugged it, and honestly may have clicked the fob twice (I was bleary eyed at 2 am!) Had anyone seen any difference if it's plugged in, or if it's plugged in to something other than the Porsche connector?

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just adding to this (and I might have on another post). Mine appears to be related to the interior motion while the car is on an incline. I know others have had it go off in their flat garage.

I do the FOB double click and watch the lights (2 fast and the 3rd sort of stays on a bit longer) and I know the interior is off. I do have the PCM programmed to prompt me when I turn off the car. YOU HAVE TO KEEP THE DRIVERS DOOR CLOSED and wait or you will not see the prompt to uncheck the interior monitor. It turns itself on by itself. I cannot figure out why, but it does.

Either of these methods disable the interior monitor alarm.

I have noticed that if you are in an out of the car, or walk by it with the fob (taking my trash can down the driveway) and the car unlocks and relocks, that sometimes it turns itself back on. I was showing the car to some neighbors so we were in and out of it and locking unlocking and then it kept going off afterwards. I had to walk back home and turn on off the interior monitor via the PCM (fob seemed to not do it).

I also noticed, that if it is going off and I am away from home, I have to just use the remote access to unlock the car and leave it unlocked.

I have an email from Porsche that they are looking into it, but who knows when they will figure it out. Once you are aware of how it works, pretty easy to keep it from going off.

atxtaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I just had this happen again - I have been double clicking the fob, but did not this time - I used the trunk button to lock the car. Again, this happened when it was plugged in - I haven't seen it happen except when plugged in.

ViaHuerto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan; X5; Vantage
Country flag
We just got out Taycan last week and the alarm keeps going off. Nothing works to stop it and there isn't a fix at the dealership. We've asked our dealer to get us out of the lease. We heard nightmares from friends about Tesla but figured Porsche would have this sorted out. Maybe we will try again in a few years when they iron this stuff out but in the meantime who needs it? This isn't what we signed up for. A bummer as we are long time Porsche owners & I have a 911S (7MT) built and on it's way in a few weeks.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
We just got out Taycan last week and the alarm keeps going off. Nothing works to stop it and there isn't a fix at the dealership. We've asked our dealer to get us out of the lease. We heard nightmares from friends about Tesla but figured Porsche would have this sorted out. Maybe we will try again in a few years when they iron this stuff out but in the meantime who needs it? This isn't what we signed up for. A bummer as we are long time Porsche owners & I have a 911S (7MT) built and on it's way in a few weeks.
You got out of a lease because your alarm kept going off? Inconvenience, yes, but to lose money and get rid of a car because the alarm goes off? Double click the fob and enjoy the car.

ViaHuerto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan; X5; Vantage
Country flag
You got out of a lease because your alarm kept going off? Inconvenience, yes, but to lose money and get rid of a car because the alarm goes off? Double click the fob and enjoy the car.
The double click solution doesn't work. The alarm went off 8 times the other night. I wonder what our neighbors think about it? How would it be on a road trip when we valet park the car at a hotel? Owning a car with a constantly misfiring alarm system is a real problem, both for us and the people all around us. Porsche knew about this issue and sold us the car anyway. Not a good look. We returned the car to the dealership and told them we'd take it back when they have it fixed. Our salesman told us that Porsche doesn't yet have a fix. Porsche doesn't want to take the car back but the 30 day Lemon law clock started yesterday. This isn't a situation we are enjoying. We built a specific car online and ordered it & have been very excited about getting delivery. We are bummed but we aren't going to be pushed around by Porsche NA. As of right now we are making it clear we won't take the car back until this issue is resolved.

Vfr750Rouge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4 / Cayenne / Jeep Wrangler Willys
Country flag
+1 , the worst in this alarm is the after sale service …. With “ we are not aware of the alarm issue”, “we are Porsche we will fix it” to I let the car in their drive way closed it a wait …. The alarm going off….
‘Porsche has customer service issue in NA. The must stop BS and arroganc.
Sponsored