Odd frunk contents?!?

ThePaddyWan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Polestar 2, Maverick
Country flag
I keep my front license plate in there because I’m a stone cold outlaw.
Mines is still in the sleeve sent to me by the DMV, stored in a cool, dry, dark place in the house (to keep it mint). 😎

I'm lazy to put stuff in the frunk, so weirdest thing in mine is the fix-a-flat and Air compressor that came with the car.
Sponsored

TXAG

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I always put a knife in the Frunk, so I can cut the corners.
Yeah, but people who cut too many corners usually end up running around in circles.

OP
OP
CarbonTax

CarbonTax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Just a caution about putting smelly food upfront. When we’d pick up a large order of everything bagels, the smell was directly pumped into the cabin.
Good to know, however, much to the wife's chagrin 🥶 I primarily rely on the heated and cooled seats than the AC/(working?) heater

AntonyU21

First Name
Antony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan
Country flag
Where do I often put snacks? I can take them out to eat when I am sleepy, which is very effective for refreshing

mcdermottm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MB EQE SUV 350+, ‘23 Taycan RWD coming soon
Country flag
Somewhat related topic... is there a tried and tru method to keep finger prints off the hood? I've never had a frunk so I only envision finger prints on it from having to manually close it. Seems like it would be handy to use... walk up, pop it open, and drop a computer bag or similar in it but I can't get around the finger prints when thinking about it.

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
Somewhat related topic... is there a tried and tru method to keep finger prints off the hood? I've never had a frunk so I only envision finger prints on it from having to manually close it. Seems like it would be handy to use... walk up, pop it open, and drop a computer bag or similar in it but I can't get around the finger prints when thinking about it.
I use the back of my fingers; the hood closes fairly softly. My 996, on the other hand, requires a hefty push (so it’s the full palm or both hands with fingerprints). Just look away when/after you close it?

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Always: front license plate, Porsche printed manual (for now, will probably put it somewhere in the house)

On road-trips:
A glass cleaner, paper towels, squeegee, ice scraper, extra windshield wiper fluid, duct tape, painter's tape, flashlight.

Usually:
A "stink tank" (as my family calls it) - a cooler bag with an additional sealable plastic container inside. It's for any food from restaurants and such (keeps the food smell out of the car, keeps them warmer when bringing takeout food).
Porsche Taycan Odd frunk contents?!? 1678258577752

I used to carry it in the under-floor storage of the Model S trunk (there was enough space there for 2 of them), but the Taycan under-floor trunk storage is tiny. In the Taycan under-floor storage I keep a Tesla mobile charger there with a bunch of adapters including TeslaTap, that fills in about a third of the under floor storage, the rest are things like a plastic tarp in case I need to carry anything dirty, flashlight, extra USB charger cables, bungee cords, gloves, an umbrella, and a few other useful to have from time to time things.

Last edited:

MrBlueSky

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
I use the lock catch to pull the frunk down then, the back of my fingers to push down on the badge rather than the paintwork.

DCYL725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2021
Country flag
Wear driving gloves.

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
I use the lock catch to pull the frunk down then, the back of my fingers to push down on the badge rather than the paintwork.
I used to press on the badge, too, on the 911. The problem (?) is that it's not directly above the latch, and the badge is held in place with friction grommets, and that stress is not ideal (especially if it's frequent).

Besides, if the fingerprints bother me, I can always lick the hood clean. Most onlookers seem horrified, but there's always someone who gets a laugh out of this.

(Yes, I'm kidding. Though it's easier than licking the door handles.)
Sponsored