OEM rim weights... Again.

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I know, I know. Searching about rim weights brings up at least 4 threads on this forum but... Every single one unanswered. Maybe my searching skills are fading too. And if this has been reported already, I apologise in advance.

Basically I'd like to know how much an OEM wheel generally weights. In 19'',20'' and specially 21'' (mission E and RS Spider)

Some might say "Just drive the damn thing and don't worry about the weight" and I'm really not trying to save weight here (it would be easier and less expensive by just going on a diet) but the thing is I got myself some aftermarket 21'' rims and they just arrived (faster than the car 🤣) and now looking at them, I realize how big and wide those bastards actually are. Maybe it's just me who isn't used to look at rims except when I'm at the tire shop but I honestly thought "How in earth does a car drag these along?"

I was torn between two designs at the time, and I ended going for those with a higher load index (900kg per rim) for extra security. It's possible that this makes them also heavier. They come with the German Tüv certificate and also with the manufacturer's certificate for use on the Taycan so I'm sure they're fine. Just the weight seems (for someone like me) high. Last time I changed a wheel was in my 20s and it was a Fiat Uno 45S with 13 inch wheels which I could easily lift with one hand 🤣

The front wheels weight 17.0Kg (about 38lbs I think) and the rear 18.75kg each (41lbs maybe?)

Is this OK or is it significantly over the OEM?

Thank you.
Sponsored