• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 20, 2024 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 20, 2024, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

OFFICIAL: TeslaTap Mini Adapter GROUP BUY is now AVAILABLE

Bobby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Hi friends:

Thanks to all the interest here, the kind folks at TeslaTap have announced a 15% discount price for our group for their MINI 60A and MINI 80A adapters:
https://www.umc-j1772.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=17

For more information please see this thread here.
This adapter would allow you to charge the Taycan (or any other J1772 EV) using Tesla Destination Chargers, greatly increasing the potential charge locations.

This discount is time limited so please place all your orders by 8/27. As a request from the manufacturer, please do not disseminate this discount code to other forums/groups as this is meant as a favor to our Taycan community only.

Discount code: TAYCAN

Due to the level of interest here it might take a little time for them to complete production.

Enjoy!
Keith
Will this work to charge my Taycan on a Tesla Supercharger in the UK?

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
@KTC @Chedman13 @whitex - Resolution:

Here is the response from David:

Quote:

80 amp = red dot
60 amp = white dot

The bodies are all the same. I would have to make separate bodies for each amperage as they are laser etched during the machine process.

They are marked when the pins are installed indicating which pins are inserted.

Dave

A computer lets you make mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exception of Tequila.
David Mahlmeister

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
I ordered an 80A. Box said 60A when it arrived so I called. They said if there is a white painted dot on the Tesla end of the charger than it is the 80A. Does this jive with those who ordered the 80A?
@mkpierro
Just to correct this - the owner Dave sent me a message (see post #64) that specifically states 60A units have a white painted dot and 80A units have a red painted dot. If you received a white dotted unit but paid for an 80A adapter you need to call back and get it replaced.
Cheers, C.

mkpierro

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2022 Audi SQ5
Country flag
@mkpierro
Just to correct this - the owner Dave sent me a message (see post #64) that specifically states 60A units have a white painted dot and 80A units have a red painted dot. If you received a white dotted unit but paid for an 80A adapter you need to call back and get it replaced.
Cheers, C.
I appreciate everyone checking. I sent an email and waiting for a response.

Browning

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RangeRover D350 MHEV New Disco 300D MHEW Taycan4S
Country flag
PSA, when you folks receive your Tesla Tap Mini be sure to check the retaining screws on the collar. Be sure they are tight, mine came very loose when I ordered a few months ago. It was the subject of a manufacturer safety notice. I am sure they have solved the problem, but just as a precaution check that they are tight. It could come apart if not.

Reactions: KTC

jFive

First Name
jFive
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Purchased but haven’t tried yet.. Does anyone have a ‘how to’ video?

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Purchased but haven’t tried yet.. Does anyone have a ‘how to’ video?
The instructions on the adapter are very clear and pretty much all you have to do. There is nothing else to it.