Olea Club Leather worth it?

maddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (ordered)
Country flag
Wow. This is great. Thank you. I will stick with black normal leather. Your comments on the trim are intriguing. I skipped this and just went with no trim -- in other words stuck with black. But let me check out the aluminum or silver again
see pictures below ! hope it helps

OP
OP

Lansford

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Maddie. You are the best! While nice, I think the normal leather will do just fine. The olea is nice but not sure needed

By the way, I see you didn't spend the $1000 for the 4 way climate control in the back. Whew. I backed out of this as well.

Thanks again
Sam

OP
OP

Lansford

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
So i ended up adding this to my order too (just froze Monday)

the stitching on the back of the seats really put it over the top for me. The big plastic wall of seatback is unbecoming of a 150k car.

also, unless you are buying a periodic track car, the options you’ll enjoy the most are the ones that make the car feel awesome while you are sitting in it. Maybe I’m just old, but love getting into a comfortable, quiet car that sounds awesome (yeah i went Burmester too) and is fast as hell. Loaded CT4S seemed to offer the best shot at that mix.

i have an X5 with the big ass V8 that is loud and fast. But inside, the seats are amazing, its quiet and its comfortable. When i drive a diff car for a while and come back to it, the things that make me smile are the big loud growl the engine makes when i turn it on, and the nice interior when i start the drive.
Did you go for the insulated glass option?

Izzone

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I have OLEA on my car and normal red leather on my wifes

owning both and going back and forth....I will not order a car without it again. Its by far my favorite option.....and the neodyne is stunning (free with OLEA)

Neil

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan CT4S, Merc GLE
Country flag
All. I was close.....had the build set. And then thought, I saved on a few options I didn't need -- how else could I use the money?

And then I saw the option for the olea club leather seats. Worth it? Or should I just stick with the normal leather and pocket the money

Thanks in advance!
Sam
I added this to my CT 4S build. Just frozen today.

DACSarasota

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I just posted my review with thoughts and pics of Olea if you want to check it out

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/first-1000-miles-review-my22-rwd.9561/

My primary point is I would likely only upgrade to Olea if the color combo you want is not in the full leather option. Atacama was only available in Olea and that was my favorite combo. If I was just getting all black, I wouldnt have done it. I like stitching on back and the extra leather on dash near windshield looks extremely nice, but not sure it is necessary.

I will say when I have seen olea truffle brown in person (in particular with coffee exterior) it was stunning. One I saw had deviated cream stitching and my jaw dropped, but that is a real expensive option.

lubricious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
This is something I was stuck with too. Here are some thoughts. Porsche sells Olea as the more sustainable option and the sales agent also said it's added luxury. So I almost added it as I loved the sticking at the back of the seat (not as practical, like mentioned above). I then I compared 2 cars, next to each other at the same time. One with Olea and one with full leather. The Olea is a bit( couch) like and definitely has grayish undertones. Is mildly softer but lacks texture. Feels a bit softer to sit on. On the contrary, the full leather is a bit darker, firmer and has a bit of a texture. If you want a more sporty look, the full leather on 18way seats is beautiful. I got the aluminum package and the dark black contrasts well with the silver. The Olea with Aluminum was less sleek because of the grey undertones - but I personally disliked the couch like feeling. Also Olea is finer leather (which explains the less texture) but it's no where as good as the luxury leather's in a Bentley, etc. So pick the kind of feel you want.

1C8E63A6-33F2-4E3E-BCAE-55938B777CED.jpeg
Late to this thread, but spec'ing out my next Taycan with Burmesters - debating on EITHER the dark silver accents or the aluminum rhombus. Which do you think matches the Burmester silver finish better if you had to choose one?

Thanks in advance!

maddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (ordered)
Country flag
Late to this thread, but spec'ing out my next Taycan with Burmesters - debating on EITHER the dark silver accents or the aluminum rhombus. Which do you think matches the Burmester silver finish better if you had to choose one?

Thanks in advance!
hi, I didn’t get the Burmester and that’s definitely something I regret. I got the aluminum rhombus and it’s beautiful. Have you seen it in person ? I think the Burmester with aluminum would be a stunning combo !

lubricious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
hi, I didn’t get the Burmester and that’s definitely something I regret. I got the aluminum rhombus and it’s beautiful. Have you seen it in person ? I think the Burmester with aluminum would be a stunning combo !
ahh… I haven’t other than in photos and can’t decided between the two. I’ll have to take a trip to the dealership before my order locks in!
Sponsored