IrwinJ

First Name
Irwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes SL550
Country flag
I'm getting my new Taycan on Tuesday. I just saw this on the Porche Connect website after I logged in. Assuming that I deactivate Privacy Mode, will this update then automatically download? Or do I need to affirmatively initiate the download, and if so, how do I do that?

Porsche Taycan Online software update connect services
Sponsored

OP
OP
IrwinJ

IrwinJ

First Name
Irwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes SL550
Country flag
Oh I should add that I'm getting a 2022 RWD Taycan. I thought the software updates were only for 2020 and 2021 models. Also I think my dealer said my software is up to date.

Dave777

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1982 911SC, 997C4S, Cayenne, 2022 CT4
Country flag
Hi Irwin,
Congrats on your upcoming Taycan. You are correct that you will need to deactivate privacy mode to receive update. The info you are looking at refers to any and all OTA updates that may occur such a Nav, PCM, entertainment etc. Once you deactivate privacy mode, you can also go to the My Porsche website and select “activate” there too.
I have not tried any Function on Demand downloads, but I do see Navigation or Entertainment update messages occasionally. Its a steep learning curve electronically with these cars…but they are great to drive! Hope that helps.
The big 2020-21 MY update you were referring to involved a server/vehicle rejig that didn’t concern newer models.

Porsche Taycan Online software update C019B601-0691-4E32-82E4-FFC2BCFCC683

OP
OP
IrwinJ

IrwinJ

First Name
Irwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes SL550
Country flag
Hi Irwin,
Congrats on your upcoming Taycan. You are correct that you will need to deactivate privacy mode to receive update. The info you are looking at refers to any and all OTA updates that may occur such a Nav, PCM, entertainment etc. Once you deactivate privacy mode, you can also go to the My Porsche website and select “activate” there too.
I have not tried any Function on Demand downloads, but I do see Navigation or Entertainment update messages occasionally. Its a steep learning curve electronically with these cars…but they are great to drive! Hope that helps.
The big 2020-21 MY update you were referring to involved a server/vehicle rejig that didn’t concern newer models.

C019B601-0691-4E32-82E4-FFC2BCFCC683.png
Thanks!