Computerglitch

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AMG 43 , 997
Country flag
Ive ordered a RWD ST in Mamba to replace my Taycan RWD in Mamba and hoping for some last minute advice before it locks down.....delivery is a march cancellation.

This is my build http://www.porschecode.com/PPPX5DX5

Im a bit worried about the lack of a decent radio as my existing has Bose which is good enough. Current shortage means basic is what I will have.
My existing Taycan has 2+2 seats but ive added the useless 3rd on this one but really not sure why lol.

This time ive included heated steering wheel(definitely needed right now) , Ambient lighting (wifes choice), 21" RS Spyder wheels(not sure about ride feedback or Economy), roof rails(will hardly use but thought it looked better and will be handy) Side windows in black gloss (not sure its much better but was cheap).

Like my existing car,I stuck with basic interior, basic seats, folding mirrors.Pan roof, surround view, privacy glass and power steering plus.

Any previous experience welcome on any of my doubts or choices really welcome

Thanks everyone
Sponsored

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
The standard stereo has been reported to be everything from good to so bad it is a reason not to buy, I am going standard too and expect it to be fine for a car.

I think privacy glass ruins the look of the car, personally. I am bemused it is so popular.

Beardo

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BluTack 4S CT
Country flag
150Kw charger option feels like a must have and maybe the bike rack mounts? I'm not sure on the power steering plus but if you had it before and liked it then go for what you want.

Valen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Eva Ribelle RS
Country flag
As you are in London, Rear wheel steering is something to consider. It really changes the way the car is driving in tight environnement (U-turn, parking lots, small streets...).
My 4S has 58k options (i know it's an overkill) but if i had to keep only one it would be RWS.

Privacy glass is a personnal choice but is convenient if you have an ugly infant seat on the back ;)
3rd seat is nice not to sit on it but it ease the cargo space split
Chrome delete on the windows is looking good and not too pricey

OP
OP
Computerglitch

Computerglitch

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AMG 43 , 997
Country flag
150Kw charger option feels like a must have and maybe the bike rack mounts? I'm not sure on the power steering plus but if you had it before and liked it then go for what you want.
Thanks yes ive got the 150kw on the existing one so better add it....havent had a bike since I was able to drive lol

OP
OP
Computerglitch

Computerglitch

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AMG 43 , 997
Country flag
As you are in London, Rear wheel steering is something to consider. It really changes the way the car is driving in tight environnement (U-turn, parking lots, small streets...).
My 4S has 58k options (i know it's an overkill) but if i had to keep only one it would be RWS.

Privacy glass is a personnal choice but is convenient if you have an ugly infant seat on the back ;)
3rd seat is nice not to sit on it but it ease the cargo space split
Chrome delete on the windows is looking good and not too pricey
Thanks Valen
Not got kids to hide but might add privacy glass to passenger window for wife!!
I tried the RWS on a few cars with and a few without , can honestly say I didn't notice a difference...I wanted to as I read how 'great' it was.

jijitalia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD-ASTON DB9-DB11-CooperS-BM530e
Country flag
The standard stereo has been reported to be everything from good to so bad it is a reason not to buy, I am going standard too and expect it to be fine for a car.

I think privacy glass ruins the look of the car, personally. I am bemused it is so popular.
I do have strd stereo ... like to have some sound (comparing to a Hifi BMW ) DO not see that much of a difference -- so for sure it is better to have Bose or Burm ... but it si do-able ... was afraid to have a very sh*ty sound ... not the case

OP
OP
Computerglitch

Computerglitch

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AMG 43 , 997
Country flag
I do have strd stereo ... like to have some sound (comparing to a Hifi BMW ) DO not see that much of a difference -- so for sure it is better to have Bose or Burm ... but it si do-able ... was afraid to have a very sh*ty sound ... not the case
Thanks for that...none of the demo cars ever have standard stereo lol

OP
OP
Computerglitch

Computerglitch

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AMG 43 , 997
Country flag

Thanks F1eng. Ive got the private glass at the moment and think it looks fine. Keeps rear passengers cooler without wasting the aircon lol
Hopefully stereo ok, when's yours coming?

Valen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Eva Ribelle RS
Country flag
Thanks Valen
Not got kids to hide but might add privacy glass to passenger window for wife!!
I tried the RWS on a few cars with and a few without , can honestly say I didn't notice a difference...I wanted to as I read how 'great' it was.
I thought the same when i test drove cars with and without.
Then i took delivery of my car and even if the Taycan is (a lot) bigger than my previous Model 3 Perf it behaves like a much smaller car in real life.
Parking wise, the Taycan with RWS feel closer to my 997 than a model 3 (and i can make a U-turn without asking my wife to stop the traffic :CWL: )

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS ST, VW EOS, 71 & 72 VW Camper
Country flag
I agree with rear privacy, spoils the side view. I'm hoping to get Nano Ceramic film which is 99% IR resistant even in 70%. I can get that done on the whole car with the savings.

Also agree with RWS. All 3 of the Taycans I test drove had it so a must.

I would also get a print out of the config and get the dealer and you to sign. I am just pursuing this with my dealer. They are reluctant as it shows I have some doubt that they might cock up but reduces the chance of a big disappointment n delivery. Mistakes are made occasionally.

Teufel Hund

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan Turbo IGM
Country flag
tomorrow!
Beautiful car Simon. Having already owned one it sounds like you have a good idea of what does or does not work for you.

@f1eng Congrats Frank! I’ve been reading of your Taycan journey on this forum for months now and I’m sincerely really happy for you. Looking forward to your posts after you take delivery. Enjoy your delivery day tomorrow!
Sponsored