Paint air curtain inlets

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Had mine painted gloss black back in early 2022 - love the look and a million times better that flat grey original - saw they offered this maybe a year or more later in the configurator.

Porsche Taycan Paint air curtain inlets IMG_5593

Other parts painted a mix of gloss and satin black and of course wheel arches in body color - full spec in the threads:

Porsche Taycan Paint air curtain inlets IMG_5600

Porsche Taycan Paint air curtain inlets IMG_5588

Porsche Taycan Paint air curtain inlets IMG_5591

tayCanadian

First Name
Amit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Cayenne Coupe E-Hybrid (RIP), 2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Had mine painted gloss black back in early 2022 - love the look and a million times better that flat grey original - saw they offered this maybe a year or more later in the configurator.
IMG_5593.jpeg
The gloss black air curtains and tear ducts look great against the Volcano grey 👍 . My car is matte black and I do have some gloss bits, but I also have a carbon fiber front lip so it probably makes more sense to stick to the carbon fiber theme in the front I think.
Porsche Taycan Paint air curtain inlets 1711730128108-o8

I'm curious, what was the thought process behind doing the bumper cover in satin black vs gloss black?

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The gloss black air curtains and tear ducts look great against the Volcano grey 👍 . My car is matte black and I do have some gloss bits, but I also have a carbon fiber front lip so it probably makes more sense to stick to the carbon fiber theme in the front I think.
1711730128108-o8.png

I'm curious, what was the thought process behind doing the bumper cover in satin black vs gloss black?
You car looks really good.

Had indeed toyed with various optional combinations but I landed with the OEM 'mix' of gloss and matte finishes there as it just made sense/looked really good to me - sort of OEM + :)
Also, that whole unit is of course one integrated piece so actually, just from a logistical perspective, a lot easier too to paint one finish.

tayCanadian

First Name
Amit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Cayenne Coupe E-Hybrid (RIP), 2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
You car looks really good.

Had indeed toyed with various optional combinations but I landed with the OEM 'mix' of gloss and matte finishes there as it just made sense/looked really good to me - sort of OEM + :)
Also, that whole unit is of course one integrated piece so actually, just from a logistical perspective, a lot easier too to paint one finish.
Thanks!

The satin does look good and makes sense.

I'm going to reach out to a couple paint shops... what do you think would be a reasonable amount to pay to have that rear piece painted?

And did they have to remove it to paint it or did they just mask the parts around it and spray away?

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks!

The satin does look good and makes sense.

I'm going to reach out to a couple paint shops... what do you think would be a reasonable amount to pay to have that rear piece painted?

And did they have to remove it to paint it or did they just mask the parts around it and spray away?
Def has to be removed - and big part of cost is that they will need to sand/smooth to prep for paint (lot of nooks and crannies on that piece!) - cost honestly can’t tell re your shop’s estimates - just have to talk it through with them - real quality shop will cost of course but more confidence in longevity and look.