Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo Turbo
Country flag
Hiya,

I have a passenger display in myCTT.

Can any of you good folk please tell me if this only stays ‘on’ when there is actually someone sat in the front passenger seat ?
If it is just me in the car it just displays the ‘Taycan’ logo.
Thanks in advance !
Sponsored

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911C4S; Jag F-TypeR; Taycan4S; Turbo+992 (ordered)
Country flag
Hiya,

Can any of you good folk please tell me if this only stays ‘on’ when there is actually someone sat in the front passenger seat ?
Thanks in advance !
Yes - you paid for a fancy £700+ logo to tell you what you are driving…

MrBlueSky

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
Hiya,

Thanks in advance !
I have the passenger display also. If you are the only occupant, the screen only works when you are stationary. When driving, the 'Taycan' logo is all that it shows.

I was aware of this before I selected it and I'm happy enough:

• The wife gets to think she's in charge when in the car (she is actually lol) and can now tell me I should have turned left, right or started braking 10 miles ago using her map as evidence.
  • I'm quite happy it doesn't work when I'm alone as looking that far across is more than a quick glance at the speedo type distraction.
  • I prefer the Taycan logo to the shiney plastic that seems out of place imho.
For what it's worth I got the 4 way climate control with the nifty screen as well and I can't see that either!;):CWL:

OP
OP
Chalks99

Chalks99

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo Turbo
Country flag
I have the passenger display also. If you are the only occupant, the screen only works when you are stationary. When driving, the 'Taycan' logo is all that it shows.

I was aware of this before I selected it and I'm happy enough:

• The wife gets to think she's in charge when in the car (she is actually lol) and can now tell me I should have turned left, right or started braking 10 miles ago using her map as evidence.
  • I'm quite happy it doesn't work when I'm alone as looking that far across is more than a quick glance at the speedo type distraction.
  • I prefer the Taycan logo to the shiney plastic that seems out of place imho.
For what it's worth I got the 4 way climate control with the nifty screen as well and I can't see that either!;):CWL:
Many thanks for your reply 👍🏻 This was a 9 month old car when I took delivery of it so I didn’t specify the option.
As you say, it makes absolute sense that it is blank if the driver is the only occupant; I also have the rear climate control, point taken 😂👍🏻

HerrCooles

First Name
Herr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ice grey
Country flag
You can also switch from Taycan Logo to Media in the settings.

ArieL

First Name
Arie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Hiya,

Thanks in advance !
take a dummy safety belt lock, press the seat close to the backrest for 3 seconds and as long as you stay in D the display will stay on

Rainforest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Tesla Model 3 LR
Country flag
I also specced the passenger display and I have to say it is the most useless option ever. I literally have not had anyone touch the screen since I took delivery.

to be fair, its also useless in the Mercedes EQS, but at least there wasn’t an extra charge for it.

Hanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S Carmine Red
Country flag
Suppose it’s down to your intended use, I spec’d as my wife and I take turns with driving and navigating for long trips. The central screen in a Tesla is annoying when it’s being interacted with by the passenger - probably more so because of its size.

Agree it won’t be much use for the average day commute whilst on your own but then it’s like other things in the car that aren’t used all of the time, advantage of the Taycan display is that you don’t have to option it if you dont want it.

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, 991.2 GT3
Country flag
Also if you use range mode, it will shut off the passenger display.

ineedanoriginal

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
I have it in mine (also pre-owned, so not my choice) and rarely use it. One hopes that the recent announcement for the new Cayenne (https://www.evo.co.uk/porsche/cayenne/205796/new-2023-porsche-cayenne-interior-revealed) might mean some software changes for our Taycans. My kids were unhappy that my car didn't have any video streaming so I bought an after-market box that works via CarPlay. Works really well but it would be nice to have it natively through the car. Fingers crossed...

b16mov

First Name
ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Hiya,

Thanks in advance !
you can also change the settings so it tells you what song is playing and also it has a faint display of the album cover that's if you don't want it just to say Taycan

Cooper63

First Name
Cooper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD (2022)
Country flag
You basically have a same screen few inches to the left in the middle.

annieland

First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan 4S, '20 Stinger, '16 Pilot
Country flag
I was still trying to figure out how to turn on sports sound and put the car in reverse and my teenage daughter already had her Spotify linked and was tapping and swiping all over the screen on her first ride. But good lord the screen looked like her 3 year old self was using it afterwards. Hey, why should we be the only ones entertained in the car, right?? :cool:
Sponsored