GaryT

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Porsche Macan, Porsche 911 Turbo, Porsche 928S
Country flag
I have had no problem adjusting the brightness of the different areas of ambient lighting in the Taycan; but, have been unable to find a setting to adjust the brightness of the PCM and Center Console displays at night.

How do I adjust the display brightness which I find a bit too bright and distracting during night driving?
Sponsored

Triyanya

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo - X3M Comp - URBAN Defender 90
Country flag
After a week with the car it’s driving me nuts. With all the screens on (pax display included) it must look bizarre to other motorists at night.

Other contributors have the same problem so clearly a common issue ! It’s on my list of questions for the dealer on Monday morning ....

Knowing that Several Porsche staff are active on the forum let’s hope that one of them can offer a solution ? Anyone found a solution / sequence ?

I’ve searched the manual / good to know app etc and there is no help there either !

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Settings > Displays allows you to adjust brightness.

Power button (on climate control pad) allows you to turn off displays.

Triyanya

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo - X3M Comp - URBAN Defender 90
Country flag
Tried it many different ways

In that mode there’s a slider to move +\- 5 from the Zero datum in all of the displays not nothing happens / there’s no “Save” or “hold” button for example and the screens don’t change at all - just the same fixed brightness .........

Must be missing something or it’s another bug.....

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
@Triyanya Did you try when it was dark outside? The Brightness -5 to 5 works instantly for me on all screens. It's not a huge difference if it's already bright outside, though, and it doesn't allow you to dim to the point of being hard to see. In the US (probably elsewhere as well) that's a requirement, nothing Porsche can do about it.

You can also turn off either the PCM and/or passenger display and they turn back on instantly when touched.
Sponsored