smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
Hi folks, I realise this is a personal question - but any hints are most welcome - even if you didn't finally opt for PCP.

Has anyone explored Dealer PCP for a Taycan 4S over 3 years? Or any variant? ... Please advise what was the final payment as a % of list price?

I know that any options are not included in the final payment - you pay for them entirely, during the contract. Depreciation is therefore solely on the base un-modified car.

Many thanks
Sponsored

Nipri

First Name
Rajesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice Grey Taycan
Country flag
Hi folks, I realise this is a personal question - but any hints are most welcome - even if you didn't finally opt for PCP.

Has anyone explored Dealer PCP for a Taycan 4S over 3 years? Or any variant? ... Please advise what was the final payment as a % of list price?

I know that any options are not included in the final payment - you pay for them entirely, during the contract. Depreciation is therefore solely on the base un-modified car.

Many thanks
I have been offered APR of 3.55% by a bank compared to Porsche 5.99%. No balloon payment at the end as will be paying more each month unlike Porsche PCP plan. Saving over 3 years of almost £6000.00! Cost of the car £83500.

Russmrh

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes
Country flag

Many thanks
I have taken Porsche pcp over 3 years, took the car on Saturday. Ballon at end is just over 50% of the price including £18k of accessories. 4S performance cost £102k balloon £52k, list without accessories £83k. So I do think they are including value of car including accessories at the end. Only variation on it was how much deposit upfront varied the monthly payments but balloon was always the same.
Hope that helps
Cheers

OP
OP
smoothound

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
Many thanks Russmrh, That is so helpful - much appreciated

frensham

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera 4e Hybrid
Country flag
Guys
I don’t believe under pcp it’s anything to do with accessories at the end.
Pcp is charged at 6.9% on used (ex demo) and 5.9 on brand new.
The balloon is merely introduced to minimise the monthly payments BUT the pcp quote factors in the interest that would be accused.
On a 115500k 4s with 20k down the monthly is £1659 based on 8k and the total interest payable is about £15k with a final balloon at 53k which by then will either be not paid giving the car back or some sales blurb that there is some equity in the car to get you into another and start it again.

Bottom line is pcp assures you of the unknown value at the end of three years (depreciation / what’s it really worth etc) and does anyone want to buy it. Hence the idea is that you give this back to the dealer without the fuss.

Logic says if u have the money pay it and don’t pay/throw away interest.

Anyone else got similar thoughts.
I have seen pcp finances from other providers at lower rates.

OP
OP
smoothound

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
Thanks guys. So there is agreement then that the final payment/guaranteed value is 53 K on an 87K brand new 4s - That is more or less what I had thought,

As I said, accessories don't affect the final payment/value - you pay for them totally during the contract -

This is very useful - I can work out everything else myself

many thanks
Sponsored

Last edited: