terryS

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Bentley GTC
Country flag
Took delivery of my frozen blue Taycan about a month ago. My first EV so I've got a lot to learn. Having a lot of fun with the car but having a few frustrations as well. Particularly with the charging network and the Connect app that doesn't seem to work for me at all.
Porsche Taycan Pittsburgh PA Taycan owners IMG_20200818_111108
Sponsored

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo, 2020 Tesla Model 3 Long Range, 2019 Porsche 911 4S, 2018 Tesla Model X Performance
Country flag
Took delivery of my frozen blue Taycan about a month ago. My first EV so I've got a lot to learn. Having a lot of fun with the car but having a few frustrations as well. Particularly with the charging network and the Connect app that doesn't seem to work for me at all.
IMG_20200818_111108.jpg
That color looks incredible and now I'm rethinking all my life choices starting with a white on white Taycan.

SkyBlues

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Porsche Taycan Pittsburgh PA Taycan owners 63218232-3679-4A77-9D63-2C19D466C35D
Picked up my frozen blue 4S a couple of days ago. Very impressive so far, except for challenges with home charging, which maybe my learning curve with my 1st EV.

OP
OP
terryS

terryS

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Bentley GTC
Country flag
Hope you're having as much fun with your car as I've been having with mine. You'll get through the home charging issues and I wouldn't worry about the connect app as I find it to be useless.
Good luck and enjoy your beautiful car. I'll look for it when I get back to the Burgh as I have it in Florida for the winter.

SkyBlues

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hope you're having as much fun with your car as I've been having with mine. You'll get through the home charging issues and I wouldn't worry about the connect app as I find it to be useless.
Good luck and enjoy your beautiful car. I'll look for it when I get back to the Burgh as I have it in Florida for the winter.
Enjoy the sun!

arijaycomet

First Name
Ari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
Just picked up my 4S over a week ago here in equally-not-sunny Cleveland, Ohio. Your lovely neighbor to the west. (I’m not a Cleveland Browns fan, nor really a sports ball person; so don’t hold today’s game against me LOL)

Come spring time, and within COVID friendly guidelines, we should try to convene at a fast charger somewhere between CLE and PGH. Could be a fun “Taycan EV get together” idea! Parking lot ”cars and coffee” type thing!

SkyBlues

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Just picked up my 4S over a week ago here in equally-not-sunny Cleveland, Ohio. Your lovely neighbor to the west. (I’m not a Cleveland Browns fan, nor really a sports ball person; so don’t hold today’s game against me LOL)

Come spring time, and within COVID friendly guidelines, we should try to convene at a fast charger somewhere between CLE and PGH. Could be a fun “Taycan EV get together” idea! Parking lot ”cars and coffee” type thing!
Good idea.

arijaycomet

First Name
Ari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Good idea.
Looking at the ElectrifyAmerica web site ...
Cambridge, Ohio has a charging location that is...

~120 miles from Cleveland, Ohio
~110 miles from Pittsburgh, Penn.
~80 miles from Columbus, Ohio

That is a WalMart parking lot. There is a Starbucks down the road. There is also a Tesla Supercharger just down the road (other side of freeway). Could be a fun “spring opener” — I have local Tesla friends (and a few Tesla PGH / CBUS friends) who’d perhaps also want to join.

PS: I run the local Tesla owner group and have been planning a “hocking hills drive” — but if we can get enough traction I’d been thinking of making it a 2-for-1 event “EV back road fun drive” for Tesla/Taycan owners alike.

arijaycomet

First Name
Ari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
(side note: there is a charger in Youngstown, Ohio — that splits between Cleveland and Pittsburgh — that could be more ideal for a smaller more localized event — maybe start there — the “idea” above may be better for later in the summer, once we see how many NE-Ohio and NW-PA people actually want to show up to something like this haha)

SkyBlues

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
(side note: there is a charger in Youngstown, Ohio — that splits between Cleveland and Pittsburgh — that could be more ideal for a smaller more localized event — maybe start there — the “idea” above may be better for later in the summer, once we see how many NE-Ohio and NW-PA people actually want to show up to something like this haha)
Youngstown would work better for me.
Sponsored