rx7arai

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan, 2022 Polestar 2
Country flag
Nice to know there exists at least one problem free Polestar 2. ;)
JD Power reports aggregate data. There are people who have had no problems with their Teslas too (I personally know one). Unfortunately I am not one of them, even though I've purchased four brand new Model S.
Haha, I think I’m fortunate for not having any issues with the Polestar at this moment, especially after reading the issues experienced by other Polestar 2 owners on the forum. However, I always find some of the JD Power’s lists to be peculiar especially on how representative is the sampling they collected statistically speaking. Perhaps JD Power’s list is more relatable to a Yelp review than a Pew Research report...
Sponsored

Last edited:

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Haha, I think I’m fortunate for not having any issues with the Polestar at this moment, especially after reading the issues experienced by other Polestar 2 owners on the forum. However, I always find some of the JD Power’s lists to be peculiar especially on how representative is the sampling they collected statistically speaking. Perhaps JD Power’s list is more relatable to a Yelp review and a Pew Research report...
I haven't looked at JD Power methodology in a decade or more, but last I looked they at least had some real statisticians look at the data, hence Tesla and Polestart were not eligible for a ranking. I have never ever looked at Yelp methodology, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were calculated by some contractor engineer/coder hired to write the code, plus some corporate "nudging" to help out ratings of paid business customers (and therefore "encourage" customers to pay). I don't think I ever saw Yelp say "the review data is not statistically significant" anywhere on their review pages.