Porsche’s Q3 2023 North American Sales Surge; Porsche delivers 242,722 vehicles in first nine months 2023

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
But, but, but, but…I thought the Taycan wasn’t selling…that there were tons of cars unsold at dealers…that…(cue baby crying)…

As expected, the Taycan continues to sell great, both in the U.S. and Worldwide, and exceed Porsche’s initial expectations by a mile.

DougFrisk

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No longer awaiting a 4CT
Country flag
I kept telling people that when the WNT8 delayed cars started to get delivered the numbers were going to jump. The jump is nice to see, but it's an artifact of cars being held back the first two quarters.

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I kept telling people that when the WNT8 delayed cars started to get delivered the numbers were going to jump. The jump is nice to see, but it's an artifact of cars being held back the first two quarters.
Errr, the YTD numbers are up materially as well.

Martin OBrien

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
" the cherry on top?...
Taycan sales skyrocketed by 55% in the third quarter, adding another 2,050 units"
🍒
I recently transitioned from driving three different Tesla models for the last 8 years and the Taycan was what drove me to switch. It is a beautiful car to drive and the low seating position is great but I was hesitant due to range anxiety (minor issue as I am used to TVs) and interaction via both onboard screens and the SW app (the major concern). in truth if Tesla had not abandoned the luxury end of the market, effectively dropping the Model S & X in the UK I would have not made the switch as I do not think in general that the German car industry has stepped up to the key principle that Tesla set - simplicity. If Lucid or Rivian been available in UK, I would have bought one of them.

I absolutely love the Taycan to look at and to drive and will likely become addicted so Tesla will be history for me. BUT - while the interior is very clean vs legacy cars the SW seems to be years behind Tesla (especially the MyPorsche app). When I first bought a Tesla 8 years ago the SW was already better than in the Taycan now. It took just minutes to register and link to the app and learn all the basic functionality in the car to be productive with it. It took a couple of weeks to get to the same stage with Porsche (registration process was a pain and they send a physical charge card, I have had to revert to carrying keys for first time in 8 years, interaction between the app is poor by comparison, two many layers in the in-car menus etc - I could go on but it feels like I have stepped back in time. I realise these comments may not be appreciated by Tesla-phobes but if the German car industry want to compete in EVs they must improve the SW or get left behind. All EV's are performance cars - that will not be the differentiator in the future. The new entrants and the Koreans get that message much faster. I also believe Tesla will suffer long term by dropping aspirational models from the lineup and targeting only mass market customers and have opened a foothold for others - big mistake
Sponsored