Porsche Connect Store/Charging Service activated on secondary accounts?

websterama

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S on order
Country flag
Hi,

Sorry if this is an FAQ or has been sorted previously.
Like many of you, we didn't get a 2nd keyfob at delivery back in January.
Finally just got one when they took our 2021 4S in for updates (security sensor fix, wireless charger, etc)
Previously we'd only been using one "Porsche ID/account" for both my wife and I to share.
But now that we've got two fobs, I created a secondary account for myself, leaving her as the primary.
And that all seems to work fine, can easily switch in the car, and if I go to My Porsche on web or in app, we both have our own authorized accounts.

I did notice one odd thing though.
I'm doing a road trip up to Boston today so I wanted to send the location of the Auburn EA station to the car ahead of time. The way I usually do this is to go into the app, select the map, find the station, check that it has 350kw chargers, and then send it to the car. In the past, when P&C wasn't working, that's also where I'd go to "activate" a charging session by tapping on the individual CCS terminal.

When I was in the app just now (logged in with my secondary account, not my wife's primary) I got a message that said "Please activate the charging service to use this function". So I tap over to the "charging service" section of the app, and sure enough it has a big + button that says "activate charging service". When I tap on it, it takes me to a page for the porsche connect store. But when I try to add my car by VIN, it says it already exists for my account and I can't get any further. When I log in with my wife's primary account, sure enough it shows that charging service is active.

So is this going to work with P&C or not? Surely it's tied the car, not the individual account? And if not, how have you guys activated on secondary accounts with the error I'm seeing?

Thanks for any tips
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
1. Easy to change account when in the car (tap your name at the top of the PCM) but if you assign a key to a Porsche ID then the car will auto detect and log in as that user (unless you confuse things and have both keys in the car at the same time).

2. People have reported an app issue with sending destinations so if could be that.

Nothing to do with your Porsche Connect ID.