Algsnowden

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3. Taycan GTS saloon on order
Country flag
Hi I’m new here ! Just wanted to say I ordered my Taycan in April from Cambridge and had a pcp quote at 6.9% apr , obviously now it had gone up and was very concerned about it going up even more and making the payments Ridiculous! So I rang today and spoke to the SA and she assured me that she knows it has gone up but they will honour the apr and the monthly payments that I was quoted, but obviously I will still get the price increase of the base price. I’m not sure if that’s helpful to anyone
That’s not what I was told by my dealership but I have no allocation, sounds good if they can honour it? Have you already got an allocation/locked in your order?
Sponsored

AlexR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (on order), BMW X5, Golf GTE
Country flag
Mine went up by 1% with Porsche. Clydesdale was much lower APR but indeed a higher balloon. Porsche offered to inflate the balloon even more (ha) but that's kind of missing the point. Will your future self in 3/4 years be happy with that decision when you've £5-£10k less equity?! Be nice to your future self.

Evie0146

First Name
Emma
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q7 Mini Cooper sport
Country flag
That’s not what I was told by my dealership but I have no allocation, sounds good if they can honour it? Have you already got an allocation/locked in your order?
Hi no I haven’t got an allocation , I was actually really surprised too . I have it written in an email also , wanted to make sure I had it in writing!

Evie0146

First Name
Emma
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Porsche Taycan Porsche finance 5C96BD20-F31D-49D7-8611-6C200B63E570

This is my email confirmation

OP
OP

Algsnowden

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
5C96BD20-F31D-49D7-8611-6C200B63E570.jpeg

This is my email confirmation
Thanks for this! Will be on the phone to my dealership tomorrow…I did call them about this a month ago and they said it was not possible but maybe the policy has changed

Evie0146

First Name
Emma
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Your welcome , good luck !

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
The APR might be locked in, but they will claw it back through a worse residual / bigger balloon.

Beware of Greeks bearing gifts.

OP
OP

Algsnowden

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The APR might be locked in, but they will claw it back through a worse residual / bigger balloon.

Beware of Greeks bearing gifts.
Is this right? If the balloon is higher surely you are more likely to be in negative equity and therefore hand it back and the finance company will take the loss?

Evie0146

First Name
Emma
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Is this right? If the balloon is higher surely you are more likely to be in negative equity and therefore hand it back and the finance company will take the loss?
That’s definitely what I would be doing

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
There was a separate thread on this quite recently.
Iirc honouring the Apr varies from dealer to dealer.

I will try and find it....

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
Using roughly the quoted figures from a Porsche finance deal, what they might do is arrange finance as below.

We will assume APR increases to 10% by next year, which would be a big hike. For that reason, buyer puts down a slightly higher deposit:

Scenario 1: APR 6.9%
Car Price: £75,555
Deposit: £14,756
Final Payment: £46,918
Finance: £13,881
Term: 35 months
APR: 6.9%
Monthly payment: £698
Total interest paid: £11,247
Assumed value of car: £52,000

Scenario 2: APR 10%
Deposit: £16,000
Final Payment: £35,000
Finance: £24,555
APR: 10%
Monthly payment: £1,084
Total interest paid: £14,469

Even with a big hike in interest rate, scenario 2 doesn't actually see that much more interest paid, however, the balloon is much smaller meaning either the car can be purchased outright where the car is likely to be worth a lot more; or there is a far bigger deposit to put on a new car.

That also means lower interest payments for someone in scenario 2 vs. scenario 1 buyer where if they do purchase another car (likely because of the much higher balloon), there is a larger sum to finance, and so more interest to pay on a new deal for the new car.

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
Using roughly the quoted figures from a Porsche finance deal, what they might do is arrange finance as below.

We will assume APR increases to 10% by next year, which would be a big hike. For that reason, buyer puts down a slightly higher deposit:

Scenario 1: APR 6.9%
Deposit: £14,756
Final Payment: £46,918
Finance: £13,881
APR: 6.9%
Monthly payment: £698
Total interest paid: £11,247

Scenario 2: APR 10%
Deposit: £16,000
Final Payment: £35,000
Finance: £24,555
APR: 10%
Monthly payment: £1,084
Total interest paid: £14,469

Even with a big hike in interest rate, scenario 2 doesn't actually see that much more interest paid, however, the balloon is much smaller meaning either the car can be purchased outright where the car is likely to be worth a lot more; or there is a far bigger deposit to put on a new car.

That also means lower interest payments for someone in scenario 2 vs. scenario 1 buyer where if they do purchase another car (likely because of the much higher balloon), there is a larger sum to finance, and so more interest to pay on a new deal for the new car.
But under your option 2, you’ve already paid an extra 35 x (£1,084 - £698) + (£16,000 - £14,756) = £14,754 !!
Sponsored