Porsche Finance UK

CALLAWISH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (on order), BMW M5 Competition
Country flag
Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone else waiting for a slot was advised last week that their finance rate (even though it had been previously locked in) was going to go up to the 10.9% that current new orders would be given?
Sponsored

TaycanTurbo22

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I heard rates were rising to 10.9%. Laughable.

Solution is to steer well clear of Porsche finance. I used Forza Finance (lender was Santander).

GFV is lower than Porsche were offering, but the saving on interest is huge. Believe the current rate with Santander is 7.4%?

Worth checking out a few brokers - there are much better (cheaper) options out there than Porsche finance:like:

OP
OP

CALLAWISH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I heard rates were rising to 10.9%. Laughable.

Solution is to steer well clear of Porsche finance. I used Forza Finance (lender was Santander).

GFV is lower than Porsche were offering, but the saving on interest is huge. Believe the current rate with Santander is 7.4%?

Worth checking out a few brokers - there are much better (cheaper) options out there than Porsche finance:like:
Yeah I would definitely look elsewhere or cancel.... just wondering if it's just me or everyone else is having their rate revised as of 1st Jan.....

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Yeah I would definitely look elsewhere or cancel.... just wondering if it's just me or everyone else is having their rate revised as of 1st Jan.....
Porsche Finance (VW) can vary the rate right up until the point of delivery.

OP
OP

CALLAWISH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Porsche Finance (VW) can vary the rate right up until the point of delivery.
Yeah I thought that was the case, but they had held mine since March but now suddenly apparently anyone on 6.#% is going to 10.9% as of 1st of Jan, at least that's what dealer said.
Then apparently anyone on 7.#% goes up to 10.9% from Feb and so on...

They are trying to get me into a car before 1st of Jan (they have one available but not the colour I first wanted), so wondering if they are just using that to push me...

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Yeah I thought that was the case, but they had held mine since March but now suddenly apparently anyone on 6.#% is going to 10.9% as of 1st of Jan, at least that's what dealer said.

They are trying to get me into a car before 1st of Jan (they have one available but not the colour I first wanted), so wondering if they are just using that to push me...
Never let the dealer corner you.

Speak to Porsche Finance separately to explain the situation -'tis the season of goodwill after all!

OP
OP

CALLAWISH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Speak to Porsche Finance separately to explain the situation -'tis the season of goodwill after all!
Good idea. Will call them tomorrow.

OP
OP

CALLAWISH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Don't suppose you have their phone number? The only number on one of the documents I have is very old and disconnected....

TaycanTurbo22

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
When I informed Porsche I was going elsewhere for finance, they relatively quickly offered to maintain the previously agreed rate. Still woefully uncompetitive though, they did me a favour encouraging me to shop around. Out of courtesy I gave them the opportunity to much my private quote. No dice, so I went elsewhere. Glad I did, recommended.

Jabbar

First Name
JS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
When I informed Porsche I was going elsewhere for finance, they relatively quickly offered to maintain the previously agreed rate. Still woefully uncompetitive though, they did me a favour encouraging me to shop around. Out of courtesy I gave them the opportunity to much my private quote. No dice, so I went elsewhere. Glad I did, recommended.
likewise I didn’t take dealer finance for my new Taycan GTS. Others were offering around 5.7-7%.

MrBlueSky

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag

Just off from a call with my SA. He also confirmed that the rise is happening as above and that those currently quoted 6.#% will be seeing a rise to 10.9% next month. Ouch!

@CALLAWISH, did you manage to get through to Porsche Finance to see if they would honour the original rate?

OP
OP

CALLAWISH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just off from a call with my SA. He also confirmed that the rise is happening as above and that those currently quoted 6.#% will be seeing a rise to 10.9% next month. Ouch!

@CALLAWISH, did you manage to get through to Porsche Finance to see if they would honour the original rate?
That makes me feel a little better.

Porsche financial services were not helpful. Apparently they don't have any info/files on customers with orders/quotes, only for people with live finance contracts.
They said the only ones that can give info is the dealer.

I've gone with my current finance rate on a showroom GTS that arrived last week. Pickup tomorrow 😀

Not the frozen blue I wanted but not paying anymore for this car in finance 🤣

MrBlueSky

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
Unfortunately everything does appear to get bounced back to the dealer by Porsche. It's frustrating you can't get the colour you wanted but, I hope it all goes well and the knowledge that you're paying 4% less helps a bit.

Enjoy the pick up, don't forget to post some pics and health to enjoy.

OP
OP

CALLAWISH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Unfortunately everything does appear to get bounced back to the dealer by Porsche. It's frustrating you can't get the colour you wanted but, I hope it all goes well and the knowledge that you're paying 4% less helps a bit.

Enjoy the pick up, don't forget to post some pics and health to enjoy.
Thank you :)

Here's a little sneak peak of it in the showroom when I viewed the other day :D
Porsche Taycan Porsche Finance UK 20221221_160207

Porsche Taycan Porsche Finance UK 20221221_161625