Porsche Taycan Charging Problem (Limit the %)

Heezy

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Hello, I have my taycan for some months and I also have a Tesla model 3. At home I have a frenius charging station and now I have the problem that If I charge the taycan from low percentage (around 20%) it will cut my whole power in the house.

I think that might have something to do with the option general profile. It says something that this mode takes care of cutting the electricity if you suck too much power from your house.

Is there a way to set a maximum charging limit (so limit maximum 80%) ?

I know there is not a kw/h limit to charge it slowly and I also thing that there is only a minimum charging (this means that the car at least loads to this amount as fast as it can...)

If I change the profile to charging time so I set it the whole day may that work ?

Or what happens if I turn off the general charging profile does it always charge to 100% ?

Does anyone have a solution because my model 3 Tesla charges normally

Yours Elias
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hello, I have my taycan for some months and I also have a Tesla model 3. At home I have a frenius charging station and now I have the problem that If I charge the taycan from low percentage (around 20%) it will cut my whole power in the house.

I think that might have something to do with the option general profile. It says something that this mode takes care of cutting the electricity if you suck too much power from your house.

I know there is not a kw/h limit to charge it slowly and I also thing that there is only a minimum charging (this means that the car at least loads to this amount as fast as it can...)

If I change the profile to charging time so I set it the whole day may that work ?

Or what happens if I turn off the general charging profile does it always charge to 100% ?

Yours Elias
The profile or timer or combination will not lead to a power cut in your home - something else is contributing to this.

No matter what you do the car will attempt to pull 7.4kW (I'm assuming your EVSE is on a 32A supply) or be throttled according to the supply rating. As the battery charges and approaches 80% and higher the power draw will be throttled back. When starting from 20% then all available kW will be called upon to charge the battery.

Is your EVSE properly earthed?

Don't use any fancy features on your EVSE - rely only on the Profile / Timer setup in the PCM for charging to see how this works out.

Suggest experimenting with a profile (set to 85%) and a daily timer to control when you want to charge, pause, continue to charge etc.

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag

Yours Elias
Any info about the charger and the car? Do you have the 22 Kw charger option in your car ? Is you Fronius 11 or 22 Kw? Your house 3x400v ? How many Amp ?

Does the Tesla have a 11 Kw or 22 Kw charger?

I think the charger is the problem and maybe the Taycan is asking too much power ?

I can limit the power with my Wall box but I can charge at 22 Kw (3x400V 32A at home)
Sponsored