Porsche USA landing video shows Taycan driving against traffic?

hifi239

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
The Porsche USA site has a landing video that shows a female driving a Taycan aggressively. At one point she is clearly driving against traffic the wrong way. It seems this might not be the right message to send? Especially with that new AI that detects criminal behavior! See screenshot.

Porsche Taycan Porsche USA landing video shows Taycan driving against traffic? porsche
Sponsored

RoundRock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
C8 Corvette, Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
She’s not driving the wrong way. If she was driving the wrong way, you’d see the tail lights and you are clearly seeing the headlights moving in the direction of the arrows. The camera is the one moving in the wrong direction.

OP
OP
hifi239

hifi239

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
She’s not driving the wrong way. If she was driving the wrong way, you’d see the tail lights and you are clearly seeing the headlights moving in the direction of the arrows. The camera is the one moving in the wrong direction.
The video is POV against the arrows. What you see is _another_ car going the right way. https://www.porsche.com/usa/?cs_redirect=1

RoundRock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
C8 Corvette, Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
The video is POV against the arrows. What you see is _another_ car going the right way. https://www.porsche.com/usa/?cs_redirect=1
Is the assumption that that shot is 1) PoV when none of the other shots are PoV, 2) depicting a driver going the wrong direction and 3) running into another identical white Taycan driving in the opposite (correct direction)? Pause the shot and it is clearly a white Taycan driving the correct direction and looking suspiciously like the Taycan in the rest of the clip.

Or one could assume that it’s not PoV, and the white Taycan in the shot is the same white Taycan shown in the rest of the advertising. I’m betting it’s the simpler answer, and not the three strange things that would be necessary for this to be a wrong way driver.

OP
OP
hifi239

hifi239

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Is the assumption that that shot is 1) PoV when none of the other shots are PoV, 2) depicting a driver going the wrong direction and 3) running into another identical white Taycan driving in the opposite (correct direction)? Pause the shot and it is clearly a white Taycan driving the correct direction and looking suspiciously like the Taycan in the rest of the clip.

Or one could assume that it’s not PoV, and the white Taycan in the shot is the same white Taycan shown in the rest of the advertising. I’m betting it’s the simpler answer, and not the three strange things that would be necessary for this to be a wrong way driver.
I see now. It's just the camera zooming toward the Taycan offset by one lane. Maybe to make the car look like it is going faster. You are correct. Whew.

RoundRock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
C8 Corvette, Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
I see now. It's just the camera zooming toward the Taycan offset by one lane. Maybe to make the car look like it is going faster. You are correct. Whew.
The car shows up for half a second. To be honest, it confused me as well and made me just stare at it frame by frame to figure out what I was actually seeing. I would have preferred a bit longer between cuts so I could enjoy the car a bit more and have the video a bit less seizure inducing.
Sponsored