Armyav8tor

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
It can't be done, correct? I want to prevent people from putting the car into privacy mode so I can track it. Example, had PPF/ceramic coating done, they've never seen a Taycan before but that didn't prevent them from enabling privacy mode. I pick up and there was 3 more miles on the odometer from when I dropped off. Not saying they did anything nefarious (they probably went for a quick joyride, whatever), but got me thinking... this thing is completely useless if someone steals the car and simply put it into privacy mode. I know Porsche ain't gonna help me or the police locate it, they're absolutely useless as is.
Sponsored

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I share your concern, but at least we can subscribe to the Car Security Package in the Porsche Connect Store ($280/year in the U.S.).

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
So how would the Car Security Package assist in armyav8tor's situation with the shop putting the car in privacy mode?

Does the security package give a map of where the car was driven?

When my son's BMW 135 was in the shop, his USAA Insurance GPS tracker at the time sent me a report of the car doing 80 mph on a street near the dealership. Mechanic took it for a little joy ride and they were surprised that I had the time, map, and speed (was back about 6 years ago and the trackers were less popular).

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
So how would the Car Security Package assist in armyav8tor's situation with the shop putting the car in privacy mode?
I could be wrong, but my interpretation of Porsche's description of the optional security package is that it is the equivalent of LoJack (U.S.) and the Vodaphone-connected system in Europe -- not dependent on the PCM and cannot be deactivated from the vehicle.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
It can't be done, correct? I want to prevent people from putting the car into privacy mode so I can track it. Example, had PPF/ceramic coating done, they've never seen a Taycan before but that didn't prevent them from enabling privacy mode. I pick up and there was 3 more miles on the odometer from when I dropped off. Not saying they did anything nefarious (they probably went for a quick joyride, whatever), but got me thinking... this thing is completely useless if someone steals the car and simply put it into privacy mode. I know Porsche ain't gonna help me or the police locate it, they're absolutely useless as is.
Do you have PVTS+ - I think this is separate from the car security and 3rd party managed and monitored. I have it (on subscription in UK but the hardware is Porsche installed by default at the factory).

Privacy mode will disable My Porsche and Porsche Connect App remote access but the PVTS+ is a separate tracker - Vodafone provide the monitoring service in UK and have a separate Security Operating Centre (SOC). I've had them test my PVTS+ when the car has been in for work at the garage and they were able to ping it and advise that it had been offline for 2 weeks prior (...nothing is 100% reliable it seems).
Sponsored