Taycan immobilized after entering privacy mode

jnat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan ‘21
Country flag
I was having window tint installed on my 2021 Taycan, and apparently the vehicle entered privacy mode. The vehicle key now does nothing, the power button does nothing, the PCM is not booting (it hangs forever on the PORSCHE startup screen), and even the electronic doors are not working — you have to double pump them to open using the mechanical backup system. When I open the Porsche smartphone app, it says the vehicle is in Privacy Mode. The tint installer will be contacting the local Porsche service center in the morning.

Has anyone seen this? I am at a total loss of words as this has never happened before. And as a software engineer, I am stunned that a software feature was given the power to immobilize the entire vehicle.
Sponsored

dtich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan GTS;'12 Model S(sold); Aprilia; Triumph
Country flag
"As a software engineer", would you kindly call Porsche and explain to them how to have a 92kWh battery keep a 1kWh battery charged.... thx.

OP
OP
jnat

jnat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan ‘21
Country flag
Service center suspects it needs a new electronics control unit since both the 12V battery and high voltage battery look good...
Sponsored